• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Folding w/ GTX 1080, low PPD?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mokrunka

Hey everyone.

Just like the title says, getting low (~100k) PPD on my new GTX 1080. I'm just getting back into folding, so I'm not sure if I have something configured wrong, or what. I've read people are getting in the 600k-1mil PPD with these cards. What can I do?

Dang, you beat me to it, good job :thup:

- - - Updated - - -

Case: Mountain Mods U2-UFO
PSU: Silverstone Strider Gold 1200W
Mobo: ASUS P9X79 Pro
CPU: Intel Core i7 3820 @ 3.8 GHz
Memory: 32 Gb DDR3 2400 RAM, G.Skill Rip Jaws Z Series, 1.5v
Video: GTX 690 4Gb
Storage: LSI MegaRAID 9260-8i, 4X 240Gb Kingston HyperX SSD, RAID 0, 2X Samsung 5400RPM 2Tb, RAID 0, 2X Samsung 5400RPM 2Tb, RAID 1

You may want to update your sig :)

There, there, that's better :)

Thanks guys. I'm getting around 100k ppd still right now, but I'm told that it's because of the type of fahcore I'm running right now, which is 18. Something like a 21 may perform better... I'll keep an eye on it and post back if I don't start seeing higher numbers soon.

Make sure you have the passkey entered for the quick return bonus. You'll start getting it after you have completed 10 work units without error.

Make sure you have a dedicated core per GPU.

My GTX 1080 does over 800 K PPD (I've popped over 900 K PPD, but only every once in a while).

Make sure you have the passkey entered for the quick return bonus. You'll start getting it after you have completed 10 work units without error.

What does this mean? Not sure about where to enter a passkey.

A quick Google search reveals:

https://folding.stanford.edu/home/faq/faq-passkey/

:D

You do what is says, they send you an email with your passkey, and you enter it into your client.

If you are folding on multiple machines, you use the same passkey on each machine.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Yep. Once you hit the threshold, it will give you a nice boost in ppd on a regular basis. Hopefully they got you straightened out on your 100k issue. That is low on a 1080. The change they recommended is needed for the 1080, 1070, 980 and 980Ti just to name a few so I suspect they got you straightened out.

Alright, I will add the passkey when I get home from work. For now though, it's still trudging along aronud 100k ppd. I did btw restart the client after making the change earlier this morning.

Looks like you're firing on all cylinders now!

Indeed I am! Currently pulling around 750k ppd for the last few days, thanks to everyone's help here! I meant to pop back in here and give an update but I got sidetracked and forgot... haha.

Thank you! Hoping to break into the top 100 on our team in the next month or so!

Back