• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Foobar Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Maxvla

i have a few mp3s that have errors in them and every time foobar plays these songs it comes up with an error window. any idea how to get rid of this window? i know the songs have errors. i don't need to be reminded every single time it comes across one.

james.miller

yes:)
1) Click on Components >> show console
2) on the console window, click on options and un-check popup on warnings.

On a side note, what are your impressions of foobar2000 so far max?

OP
Maxvla

Maxvla

excellent thanks. those warnings were getting very annoying.

as far as impressions i really haven't been able to spend alot of time really 'listening' to it. too busy shopping and stuff. :eek:

sounds pretty good. i like the waveout instead of using directsound. sounds a bit cleaner. wish i had a decent card in my main rig but i don't think i could fit a sound card in this shuttle XPC without breaking something. next rig is going to have an audiophile 2496 in it so i can use my headphone amp.

james.miller

I'm sure it wont fail to impress:)

did you try the kernel mode? for me at least it's definatly the best of the three. There's also some quality to be had from the resampler plugin, but i think that only really applies to cards with a digital out.

Turd Furguson

OT here but I will never return to Winamp after I began using Foobar.

THe kernel option does affect sound quality. I found it is better for me enabled.

OP
Maxvla

Maxvla

ok very nice. better quality and only 1.9mb ram with 0% cpu. improvement on all fronts.

i'll mess around with this.

i had 0.7.6 but it was the unicode version not the special version.