• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fop32-1 or Alpha PAL6035?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
for the price, id go with the FOP 32.. very reliable hsf. the temps for the PAL6035 should run about the same as the FOP 32, but the PAL6035 is more expensive. Some people say that the fan on the FOP is somewhat loud, but i could hardly hear it while i was using it. Theres only two reasons that i would see fit to buy the PAL6035 over the FOP 32:

1. one version of the 6035 comes with the sanyo denki fan, which is said to be very quiet (but at twice the cost of the FOP).

2. the clip on the FOP 32 can be very hard to work with.

kdcomputers has both hsfs, the FOP 32 for $18, and the PAL6035 for $33/36

I would say the PAL6035 is better. I have used both, and the Alpha seems to keep temps a bit lower. It is not a LOT better, but slightly I would say. If the slight performance is worth the price is what you have to decide. Personally though, I would just buy a bare Swiftech 370-0A (think thats the right model) heatsink for about $30 and put the 27 CFM fan on there. That should give you about the best cooling you can buy for a 60 mm fan.

Aaron

yeah, the 6035 is good, but a tad expensive. The Fop32-1 is good an cheap. Their is a Vantec that is as good as the FOP38 for about $19 at www.crazypc.com. The Taisol HSF they have it good, if you put a better Fan on it. The Cak 38 is priced really well for performance. The pep66 is not too much more than the pal and is very good.

WHAT? OHHH.....YES I RUN AN FOP32.

HUH? DOES A TOOL YELL? OH OH....DOES IT COOL WELL! YES VERY WELL........BUT A BIT LOUD AS YOU CAN SEE!

Actually I'm very impressed with it's prefromance.

Back