• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

For those Canucks looking for a good deal!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cisco Kid

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2001
Futureshop has 72 hr sale , the 8500LE 128 DDR retail ATI built for $170,

Good deal, maybe I should be posting in Cyber Deals hmmmmm

cisco kid
 
OP
C

Cisco Kid

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2001
Cullam3n said:
8500LE Retail?

I don't keep up with ATI as I do with nVidia, but is that right?

-PC

what I meant is it is an ATI built card not second party

cisco kid
 

skid

Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2001
Location
IL
$170 Canadian i presume Cisco Kid. If that's American its a rip!
 
OP
C

Cisco Kid

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2001
skid said:
$170 Canadian i presume Cisco Kid. If that's American its a rip!

of course it is Canadian thats what the post is about!!! it works out to about $108 US, not bad for retail with game pak.

cisco kid
 

skid

Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2001
Location
IL
hehe sorry i was shocked at what i thought you thought was a good deal

whats a canuck anyway?
 
OP
C

Cisco Kid

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2001
skid said:
hehe sorry i was shocked at what i thought you thought was a good deal

whats a canuck anyway?

alot of people know Canadians as Canucks

cisco kid
 

Itchie

Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2001
Location
Barrie
Even if it's a good deal it's still beyond my price range. Future shop also has ATI Radeon 7500 for $129. Is that a good deal? Which Geforce card does the Radeon 7500 compare with?
 

quegyboe

Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2000
Location
BC Canada
Which Geforce card does the Radeon 7500 compare with?
That would be compared to a GeForce2 GTS/Pro/Ti

That looks like a really nice deal...too bad I just bought a GF4 MX. I wonder if I can take it back and use the money for trade value...
 
OP
C

Cisco Kid

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2001
Itchie said:
Even if it's a good deal it's still beyond my price range. Future shop also has ATI Radeon 7500 for $129. Is that a good deal? Which Geforce card does the Radeon 7500 compare with?

Geforce 2 Ultra but at least the R7500 supports some DX8 features but not all, It is a good card and overclocks well I had one, also provides great DVD hardware support, great price for the card.

cisco kid
 
OP
C

Cisco Kid

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2001
quegyboe said:

That would be compared to a GeForce2 GTS/Pro/Ti

That looks like a really nice deal...too bad I just bought a GF4 MX. I wonder if I can take it back and use the money for trade value...

prolly and the R7500 compares more to the Geforce 2 Ultra

cisco kid
 

syntax_error

Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2002
Location
Vancouver BC, Canada
Cisco Kid said:
Futureshop has 72 hr sale , the 8500LE 128 DDR retail ATI built for $170,

Good deal, maybe I should be posting in Cyber Deals hmmmmm

cisco kid

Hmmm...if you live in Vancouver you can find one for $149.00CDN (cash discount). http://www.anitec.ca/

EDIT... Oh wait, that's an OEM card I found. What games come with the retail pack anyhoo? Is it worth the extra $21.00?
 
Last edited:
OP
C

Cisco Kid

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2001
Re: Re: For those Canucks looking for a good deal!!!

syntax_error said:


Hmmm...if you live in Vancouver you can find one for $149.00CDN (cash discount). http://www.anitec.ca/

EDIT... Oh wait, that's an OEM card I found. What games come with the retail pack anyhoo? Is it worth the extra $21.00?

yeah it is worth the 21 extra cause the OEM version at anitec if I am correct comes at 250/230, I got a game pak counter stirke and some other s do not even know box has a sticker on it not sure if what they are selling has game pak fer sure but I assume it does

cisco kid