• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Forget wimpy little 3D cards like the NV30 and the R300, check out the new undisputed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OC Noob

Forget wimpy little 3D cards like the NV30 and the R300, check out the new undisputed

KING of the 3d graphics market...

First off, I need to find a mother board with about 32 PCI slots.

Then I get as many O/Cers to donate Vodoo2 cards to me till I can get 30 of them.

Then I daisy chain like a mother****** and...

SHAZZZZAM!!!!

The fastest gaming rig ever. 50k in 3Dmark:D

Now who can find me a board with 32 PCI slots?

OverclockNStein

You wont get a high score in 3DMark because the Voodoo2s still wont have the fetures to complete some of the tests, therefor points are deducted for skipping the tests.

You looking for 8 meg, or 12 meg Voodoo2s? (I have a 8 meg) :)

OP
OC Noob

OC Noob

I need to find the board before I start collecting Voodoo cards. I would hate to have people send them to me and not beable to use them for the project;)

Seriously, is there a limit to how many can be daisy chained. If there isn't what mobo has the most PCI slots?

It would be fun to chain like 10 or 20 of these things and see how the work.

ps Quantum? How does that work? Is it 1 board?

elBogg

hehe, shuttle boards like the ak31 & ak35 have 6 pci slots . . . maybe you could daisy chain 5 of them together, too . . .

Maxvla

OverclockNStein said:
You wont get a high score in 3DMark because the Voodoo2s still wont have the fetures to complete some of the tests, therefor points are deducted for skipping the tests.

You looking for 8 meg, or 12 meg Voodoo2s? (I have a 8 meg) :)
points aren't deducted.. they just aren't added.

JCLW

Pick up a few of these...

videoloca.jpg

- JW

JCLW

On a more serious note...

CAE makes these boards with four 8500 chips used for rendering movies, etc. Looks like PCI-X133 to me. Rumor has it they're working on a quad 9700 version.

4x8500.jpg

- JW

eli

That's disgusting! I want 2 of them. Man, I would love to get into rendering 3d movies. Has anyone seen the "World of Warcraft" video? That's tight.

two_dope2000

The voodoos daisy chained together wouldnt be THAT cool, come on you guys know better, there is still bandwidth restrictions and a hundred other things that would keep it from performing even at a geforce 3 level. not to mention the voodood can only go up to 800x600x16 by thereselves, and if you link them they still only go up to 1024x768x16, it would be lucky to keep up with my tnt 2, on the other hand that quad 8500 would be pretty sweet, i dont think it would perform in games much better then the normal 8500, but if you do raw rendering (which most of us dont) then thats pretty fast, you could make your own star wars. that reminds me, what kind of hardware did they use for star wars? lol

Darkseid

well quantum is the company who has the rights of the VSA-100 from 3dfx, the owner is the same that founded 3dfx, as many people think nvidia didn´t bought those rights, they only buy assests, well here´s the specs... the vsa-100 was the latest chip made from 3dfx, as the voodoo 2 it can run in sli mode, and the limit is 32chips but... every chip needs 15w of power and 32mb of ram.. so for the 32chip you will need 2gb of ram, you might think that this is to much but as i said before they actually have made one card (well that looks more like a server but it´s a card in esence) with 16 chips and 1gb of ram, now think about how a v5 perform with 2 chips, now THAT should be fast right??
any doubts and i can search the link for the Quantum site