• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Forgotten memory/page file tweak

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Top Hat Theater

I remember someone posting a registry tweak to get Windows to cache to RAM rather than the hdd/page file but after searching for it, I couldn't find it. Anyone know what the tweak is?

~THT

larva

Inactive Moderator
You can find that tweak, along with the more useful L2 registry tweak (did I say that out loud?) from the SETI tweaking articles posted on the oc seti team's website. I go to the SETI forum, use the link in one of the SETI diehards sig's to find the oc seti team site, and follow the links from there.

Aseaver

Registered
You can also go to :Start :Clt panel :System :Advanced :performance :Settings :Advanced and Virtual Memory/Page file will be there. If you have over 512MB of mem, then I would disable it. If you have less, then it may or may not work well for you.

johan851

Insatiably Malcontent, Senior Member
Yeah, don't disable virtual memory. You're talking about the "Disable Paging Executive" tweak. Go to:

\HKEY_Local_Machine\SYSTEM
\CurrentControlSet\Control\SessionManager\Memory Management

and change the "DisablePagingExecutive" DWORD Value to 1.