• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Formatting Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Woodzy

I installed windows 7 On my system on my 320Gb hard drive which was fine i got to the desktop then tried to open my second HD and i was ginev a message that it needed to be formatted so i went ahead and did so only to find on my next bootup i got a black screen in the top left hand corner it said Disk boot failure - Insert system disk and press Enter i could not boot into windows 7 even even i removed the other hd i reinstalled but had the same problem any ideas?

Make sure you dont have a floppy drive or usb drive in the computer first. Usually if the boot order is setup to seek removable media first this is what happens.

If all else fails get an old windows98 disc, select boot from cd, then boot without cd support.

Type in fdisk /mbr and see if that resolves the problem.

Take care!

Thanks for all your help problem solved i changed it so that my hd with my o's on was the bootup drive

Back