• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fortissimo III for $30 after MIR, yay or nay over Epox 8rda+ sound

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sickofthelies

Disabled
I dont even know what the Epox comes with, but i know it doesnt have nforce 2 soundstorm because its not on the back of the box and theres no little connector for more than 1 input to the back of the case. Compusa has the Fortissimo for $20 off at $30 and i was wondering if its a good card for the price. Ive seen reviews and they see it was good for $50 at a time, but i dont know how long ago that way. I have Logitech Z-540 speakers which arent too top of the line but are non-thx 4.1 goodness.

Thanks for your opinion.

GravY

The on board sound for the 8rda+ is quite nice, its a close call.. I would stick with the onboard myself..

OC Noob

It is the Soundstorm, but they can't call it Soundstorm because it fails to meet one requirement...SPFDIF (or what ever the heck it is) out, but the sound processor and all that junk is the same as the soundstorm so it is quite good. Although, $30 is a great price if you don't mind MIRs.

attack

Yeah the nfroce2's onboard sound is on par with the audigy as i understood it....I would save all the cash and the hassle of MIR's and stick with onboard.