• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fortron 460

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

moop

I have been looking around on the forums for some time now. I'm currently contemplating on which psu to buy. From what I"ve seen the Fortron PSU's seem to be the best choice. I am currently running a P4c [email protected] on a IC7 and can not get prime stable at fsb over 223... (From the looks of it my 12v line dips to 11.8 to 11.7 when I run prime.. I have not tested my mem and understand that this drop in 12v rail isn't killer.. but I"ve been wanting to upgrade my psu and all anyways..) so I was thinking of getting a fsp 460 or a 400... I was just wondering if it were possuble to modify the 24pin mobo power connecter to work with my ic7... I know that some of you will suggest fortron 530's but I would like to stay away from that option.. Seeing that no one in Canada (okay, one company) has them at hand... at least no one close by. So, lmk what you think. -moop

btw, I currently run a cdrw, 1 seagate sata drive, one ata hdd, 4 case fans modded to various voltages... and a gf2.. which eventually would like to upgrade...

OP
M

moop

Also.. I noticed that the 460 and non pfc 400 have 2 12v max load ratings... can I take this as 2 seperate rails?

(that's looking at the specs from here }

Oklahoma Wolf

Senior Warranty Validity Sealed Stick Remover
Welcome to the forums :)

There are 3 sources for the Fortron 530 in Canada (and this is the one I recommend as well):

www.sonexpc.com - Vancouver area
www.ntcw.com - Vancouver, look under Aopen for the 530
www.cbit.ca - Winnipeg, has the full Fortron line

Aktunka

From what I understand, they make an adapter cable to convert between the two types of power supply / motherboard connectors. You could call whoever you finally want to purchase from and ask them if they have a adapter cable to convert from whatever that connector type is called to standard atx. Best of luck. Fortron / Sparkle power supplies work great for me.