• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fortron 530w

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Spanko

Could be wrong,but i think its the minimum,maximum ratings.I would not get that ps myself.And this is the reason although i am not a powersupply guru by any means.I dont think the setup you described will get the proper power based on the minimun specs on that ps.You are gonna draw plenty of watts continously and it looks as if this ps may borrow from other taps to reach max rating which you will need close to full time. I hope someone else will respond to this cause i would hate to steer you in the wrong direction.

The 530w Fortron is an excellent PSU. Powers my dually rig without issue and the rails are right on the nose.

I believe the lower set of #s is the output when all rails are maxxed out, the higher of the 2 #s is the max output on that rail.

Fortron is known for underrating its PSUs and the 530w has some pretty good #s in the first place(IMHO its not very likely that you are going to be taxing all 3 rails heavily enough to dip the output on the 12v rail all that much). A great bargain at $74 shipped.

The lower set of numbers are for a Normal load and the higher set of numbers is for Max load.

maybe it's just my particular psu but my fortron does not do very well on the +12v lines. I get ~11.95v and it goes from there.. I was going to return it cause I was hoping it was just my unit that was underpowered.. it should easily handle my set-up. I had to unplug my cathode beacuse when i turn it on/off it randomly shuts off my computer. maybe it's the cathode.. but either way.. fortron 530 is good but not exactly what I was expecting from all the raves and praises

Is that in + and - values for each rail??? My 530 with a Antec power supply tester and a digital volt ohm meter reads...12.10 on the 12 volt rail...5.10 on the 5 volt rail...And 3.40 on the 3.3 volt rail...Just got another 350 with the single 120m/m fan and it spits out the exact same numbers...12.10, 5.10 and 3.40...DeathKnight is right for 75.00 bones to your door...Well..You cant beat it with a bat...And not even Hammer can touch that...:cool:

Last edited:
-N- said:
maybe it's just my particular psu but my fortron does not do very well on the +12v lines. I get ~11.95v and it goes from there.. I was going to return it cause I was hoping it was just my unit that was underpowered.. it should easily handle my set-up. I had to unplug my cathode beacuse when i turn it on/off it randomly shuts off my computer. maybe it's the cathode.. but either way.. fortron 530 is good but not exactly what I was expecting from all the raves and praises

Thats really good... like .4% tolerance (right? (1-11.95/12)100 )... Not bad at all.

Though the cold cathode things sounds bad.... :-/

Back