• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fortron FSP530-60GNA Questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

plexdude

Hey all,

I've heard good things about this PSU here and naturally I've grown a little curious to know a few things about it. First of all, I'd like to know what the max power output is for the combined +3.3V & +5V as this is not mentioned on the PSU's sticker (according the to pic at newegg) nor is it mentioned in the product information on either the Fortron USA website or their Taiwan product info pages. And for those of you who happen to own one of these, the second thing I'd like to know about it is noise levels. Is it a loud PSU? Currently I'm using an Enermax EG465P-VE FM which is a 431W PSU with a +3.3V & +5V combined total output of 220W according to the side sticker. It's a very quiet unit which is a feature I do like quite a bit.

I think my PSU is decent but after reading around these forums, they seem to not give you the most for your money and are overrated. My main concern with my Enermax is the ATX connector. When I first got it along with my now old Abit KR7A-133R, I had problems trying to get the ATX plug into the socket on the mobo and consequently bent a few pins (on the PSU end) after frustratingly trying to force the damn thing in. It still works okay now but the fact that some of those pins are now spread out too much leaves me with an uneasy feeling of possible system instabilities in the future. I'm now using this PSU with my new NF7-S v2.0 board and I initially had some very strange audio problems with my Audigy card which turned out to be directly related to this flakey ATX connector on the PSU. This brings up another question, are there tools that can extract these wires/pins from the plastic ATX connector so that I can attempt to repair it by either trying to bend the pins back to shape or replacing them with new ones?

Thanks

Giblet Plus!

I built a system for a friend with one of those, and it's pretty quiet. I could barely hear it when I was testing everything out on my table, and in the case it's pretty much undetectable. :)

It's probably more than overkill for your setup. It weighs almost as much as an aluminum Chieftec case.

dustybyrd

Hey all,

I've heard good things about this PSU here and naturally I've grown a little curious to know a few things about it. First of all, I'd like to know what the max power output is for the combined +3.3V & +5V as this is not mentioned on the PSU's sticker (according the to pic at newegg) nor is it mentioned in the product information on either the Fortron USA website or their Taiwan product info pages. And for those of you who happen to own one of these, the second thing I'd like to know about it is noise levels. Is it a loud PSU? Currently I'm using an Enermax EG465P-VE FM which is a 431W PSU with a +3.3V & +5V combined total output of 220W according to the side sticker. It's a very quiet unit which is a feature I do like quite a bit.

Thanks

i have the 530 and the 350 watt fortron...they are both awesome...the 350 watt fortron will put out 454 which is more than the enermax 465, and the 530 watt fortron has 3 independent voltage rails...in other words the combined of the 3.3 and 5v of the 530 is p=iv or (3.3 X 28) + (5 X 40)= 292 volts...

i would say not to change power supplies if the enermax is working for you, but if you must the $32-48 350 watt fortron will do the job....the $70 530 fortron is very quiet (only because it never has to accelerate it's fans because it is never really under any stress)...but overkill for just about everybody's system (including my duallie)