• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fortron/Sparkle vs Fortron/Source

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

frostmoon

Hi,

Do you know any differences between these two PSUs ?
Here in Poland I can buy only Fortron/Source and i wonder if they are as good as Fortron/Sparkle.

I want buy FSP400-60PFN (400W) and hope it will be good for my 8RDA+ and T-bred B 1700+dlt3c overclocking.

BTW. It will cost me over 90$ in Poland :( so I want to know if this Fortron/Source is good choice ?

Redstone

Virtually the same PSU on the inside. Only difference may be one might have a different exterior housing design, like the vents placed in a different location. That's what the 60PFN refers too.

Redstone

I had a 250w Fortron/Powerman that rocked. Ran an overclocked PIII two hard drives and a mess of fans no problem.

larva

Inactive Moderator
Fortron Source Power (FSP) operates Sparkle Power Inc. (SPI) as a retail subsidiary. All the supplies are FSP supplies built to the same standards. FSP made supplies also show up under the Verax, Aopen, Powerman, Zalman, Super Micro and many other names. Most times the FSP part number will be visible (except when Zalman wishes to conceal the identity so as to not tip the buyer off that the unit is marked up 100%...) and you can reference the Sparkle and Fourtron Source websites to get details and identify particular models.

www.sparklepower.com

www.fortron-source.com