• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Forum Wars 2011 - Quick Reference Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Can you save a free ver 06 run to a flash drive & submit from a different PC also running the free 06, 87dtna? That's the question.

Does the basic edition of vantage allow the scores to be saved and submitted at a later time?

$6.95 isn't a big deal. 3d06 is only $9.95.

EDIT: Whoops. I guess it doesn't. I'll have to fork over $20 for 3dvantage. That kinda sucks.

Yep... but without the key=..... part

Like this: http://3dmark.com/3dmv/2872795

The important question here is:

- Did the i3 rig have internet access when you ran it?

Because the free version only allows to view results on line and that requires internet access; which is not always available on stripped OSs.

06 is no problem because the free version allows you to save the results file and submit at a later time, but free Vantage does not give you the option to save the result.

So I'm ok with what I have? It's just a trial key.

Yeah it has internet access.

Gotcha

Is the trial key I have no good for validation?

The link I posted up, will it not work?

^^^ Me also wondering... I should be able to upload via interwebz, so the free key should work right? I don't do a whole lot of 3d, so I feel buying all the benches is a waste of my money that could go elsewhere.

So I'm ok with what I have? It's just a trial key.

Yeah it has internet access.

Gotcha

Problem is trial keys are only good for one submission per key.

Run vantage again and try viewing your score online with that trial key and you'll get an error.

Example of validation url once you get to view the score
2rnu7om.jpg

Last edited:
$6 isn't that much.
It does suck, though.
Seems excessive to demand validation when HWBot doesn't.

You can save and upload validations later, right?

Can you save on the free version? I think what we could do is this:

Run your tests with your typical method, saving every score and labeling well.

When you've hit your peak, just submit the best run you have. There is your one run.

Also, fellas, you can use the same email address and get as many free serials as you want.

I already bought it so I could bench it.
3d06, too.

While I don't like disallowing screenshots at all, I do think it's worth buying both benches anyway.

Can you save on the free version?

I think what we could do is this:

Run your tests with your typical method, saving every score and labeling well.

When you've hit your peak, just submit the best run you have. There is your one run.

Also, fellas, you can use the same email address and get as many free serials as you want.

No saving on the free version. Only viewing via ORB, and that fails some times with an "Expired License" error.

You will need a new "Trial Key" for each run you do while tweaking your CPU/GPU Overclocks and for people on stripped OSs that means they'd need a second PC with web access next to them. IMHO it turns into a major PITA.

Yes you can use the same email addy for as many "Trial Keys" as you'd like, but it's just time consuming.

Features Comparison chart on the Buy It page says that the $6.95 license will allow you do to Unlimited Runs and you'll have access to Pro ORB (whatever that is)... I don't know if the Basic version allows for saving scores and submitting at a later time.

Someone else that has that license will have to let us know on that one.

I already bought it so I could bench it.
3d06, too.

While I don't like disallowing screenshots at all, I do think it's worth buying both benches anyway.

I already have a full vantage key but I'll be forkin over a few chucks for 06. It's just best everyone chip in and the benchmarks might go down in price and once its paid you're done you can use the program to do whatever you need.

Once you purchase a key, and you use register it as many times as you want?

Also, the basic version of 06 is free, can that be used?

Yup. Far as I know.

I've used my 3d06 key about a dozen times. Of course, only two of those have connected to the internet.

Once you purchase a key, and you use register it as many times as you want?

Also, the basic version of 06 is free, can that be used?

Once you buy the key and register Vantage; you won't have to register it again unless you format your HDD and have to reinstall from scratch.

There is zero need to purchase any license for 06 for FWs... The free version allows you to save your results to a file on your HDD, or a USB jumpdrive if you prefer. You can then go to a PC that has web access and also has 06 installed, fire up the program, right click on the main window and select "Submit Saved Score" from the menu... It will prompt you to select the file you had saved previously and once you hit OK, It will send it in to the ORB where you'll be able to get your validation URL.

I wanted to make sure that the $6.95 license for Vantage would allow saving your results file for later submission... So I go to the site and select what I thought was 3DMark Vantage from the drop down list, I get to the page and without even looking I click on "Get It" for the Basic License and go on my merry way to pay for it via PayPal... The whole process is done in 30 seconds and I get my key, so I fire up Vantage and enter the key to register it; only to get this:

"YOUR KEY IS INVALID"

Double checked the key, copied it from the confirmation page three times, pasted it three times and every time:

"YOUR KEY IS INVALID"

So I go back to the confirmation page and start reading more carefully; instead of just scrolling down to the part where the key is written and guess what?

I just bought a license for PCMark Vantage!!!... I swear to God; I should just take myself outside and throw myself a good beating!

I sent an email off to their sales contact to see if they'll exchange that key for one that I can use on 3DMark Vantage.

Will have to wait and see.

Back