• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Forum Wars (Summer Wars) 2009

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Another possibly stupid question. I was benching my oc'ed runs last night, and it was before 12pm (meaning it was still the 15th) so my time stamps are not after the deadline. Will this be an issue? Because if it is I will have to reinstall two operating systems and rerun all the benches.

It didnt matter you were still a day early... It started on the 17th (today at 12AM), not the 16th...at least, thats how I interpreted it that you cant even record o/c scores before 00:00 (12AM, not PM) today.

Technically speaking I think any result after 9 PM CST on the 16th would be eligible? The deadlines used to be all based on midnight but since it's 9 CST now I'd say the first day should have started 8/16/09 at 9PM CST. I think the question was misworded (yesterday was the 16th not 15th).

Technically speaking I think any result after 9 PM CST on the 16th would be eligible? The deadlines used to be all based on midnight but since it's 9 CST now I'd say the first day should have started 8/16/09 at 9PM CST. I think the question was misworded (yesterday was the 16th not 15th).
That's unfortunately a big negative. Stock scoring closed 8/16 at 9pm CST (why?...ask Raymo; probably because he felt sorry for us poor souls and didn't want to keep us up so late dealing with the craziness at the tail end of scoring again). Then there was a day to choose rosters and submit them at TRP. OC'ed scoring (and benching) began at 12am (or 0:00) CST 8/17/09. Sorry for the confusion, but that's how it works. The rules are pretty clear:
Summerwarz Dates.....
August 1-14 prelims (Stock score posting)
Saturday 15th (last minute posting at TRP only!!!)
Sunday the 16th will be an off day for roster submissions
Monday the 17th thru Saturday Sept 5th (go to war)(Database is closed on Sept 2nd)
Thursday Sept 3rd (All disputed scores listed at TRP)
Friday & Saturday Sept 4th & 5th (last minute posting at TRP only)

ALL DEADLINES are on 9pm CST US & Mexico (Texas)
Take Note: These are hard deadlines, there will be no excuses for missing them (None)
(All Score links and Screenshots must remain active during the war)
(If they are not active you will recieve a zero for a score)

That's unfortunately a big negative. Stock scoring closed 8/16 at 9pm CST (why?...ask Raymo; probably because he felt sorry for us poor souls and didn't want to keep us up so late dealing with the craziness at the tail end of scoring again). Then there was a day to choose rosters and submit them at TRP. OC'ed scoring (and benching) began at 12am (or 0:00) CST 8/17/09. Sorry for the confusion, but that's how it works. The rules are pretty clear:

Stock scoring ended on 8/15 at 9 CST I think is what you meant. I don't have a stake in it, and I don't even know if it helps the poster I responded to, but to me saying scores have to be in by 9 CST makes that the "start/end" of the day. I can see now the logic that was used, but I think if anyone did happen to do a bench in those 3 hours they ought to be given some consideration at least, my understanding was the earlier quit time was to help mods/cops/judges/raymo et al not have to be up to the wee hours watching submissions pour in. By the same rate the poster I replied to didn't understand the letter of the rules, so it wasn't really a "good faith" mistake, it was not reading the rules fully, but regardless I think some consideration should be given if it does make a difference to someone's submissions?

No I understand the deadlines and all, I just wish there wasn't a specific time we have to do oc'ed runs in. I actually finished most of my oc'ed runs lest night, but due to time stamp issues, they are all null. :bang head

Err, yes big mike, typo on my part, sorry; I meant the 15th, not the 16th.

The problem with exceptions is that if you give one, you must give them to everybody. There are over 120 people participating in this FW's. Neither the judges nor the cops wish to deal with individual exceptions for 120 people.

The rules are there to give cops a guide through which to score peoples' submissions. They can look at the times benches were run and easily note that it was run after the 16th but before Sept 3rd. To ask them to take notice of, say, a score that was run on the 16th, but then figure out if it was run after 9pm CST and then go ask for approval to enter it into the database is too much.

So I'm sorry to say you'll have to re-run them Chance. Hey, it's your first wars. Everybody makes a mistake. Bet you'll pay close attention to the times & dates for the next war!

Hahaha, no need to apologize! This was all on me not paying attention :bang head. And I wasn't really asking for an exception, I was just stating my dislike of the rule :p. Hahaha.

Rampage is dead :(

This P5Q is..

I'll have to get back to you on that. I can say I really hate the layout.

I miss my rampage :(

All they had at the shop was i7 and amd stuff...

This thing is such a waste of money :(

For now! Maybe I'll learn to love it, or continue to hate it..

Im not entirely sure what the heck is going on. I think I have alot of bad ram. Somehow.

When i restart my system after being in windows, it will not post. I cannot get into the bios unless I start juggleing stix around. clear the cmos here and there, and shell catch! But if i power down to add a second stick, it will not post, well sometimes it will. but more often then not it will not.

I bought a new P5Q thinking the rampage was a bunk board, but then the P5Q started doing the same thing. Im glad you guys couldnt see me freak out, that would have been some youtube **** right there :)

Edit:

Thanks for the offers guys!

Dam thats one hot running NB on that thing ;)

Back