• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Forza Horizon 3... What do you think of it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Theocnoob

Anybody else got Forza Horizon 3? The adoption rate of GOW4 and Forza Horizon 3 seem to be low due to people not wanting to use the windows store to get their games. I bought both. GOW4 is meh but horizon 3 is fantastic.
It's still buggy and performance isn't perfect. It's pretty all over the place. I get anywhere from low forties to high nineties in terms of framerate. Thankfully I have a Gsync display. Besides some performance issues I hope will be patched out I think the game is really fantastic.

I have it and like it a decent amount. I've probably put 15 or so hours into it I'd guess. I think it looks/performs pretty well with most settings on Ultra @ 1440p.

4770k, 16gb ram, gtx1080, installed on my OS ssd. Only thing I turned down was AA

i liked FH2 better. I like to drift in forza games and there's not a lot of good drifting spots in fh3.
also i think it's poorly optimized. it takes up 8gb of ram sometimes but only 512mb-1gb of vram?
if i leave it at 60fps then whenever it dipps below 50fps (which hapopens a lot in the foirest area and city area) then the whole game laggs not just fps.
i've had to leave it locked at 30fps for it to play well on an acceptable graphics level.

it's bad, the optimization is bad, the port is bad, and the developers should feel bad.

i liked FH2 better. I like to drift in forza games and there's not a lot of good drifting spots in fh3.
also i think it's poorly optimized. it takes up 8gb of ram sometimes but only 512mb-1gb of vram?
if i leave it at 60fps then whenever it dipps below 50fps (which hapopens a lot in the foirest area and city area) then the whole game laggs not just fps.
i've had to leave it locked at 30fps for it to play well on an acceptable graphics level.

it's bad, the optimization is bad, the port is bad, and the developers should feel bad.

I have a very similar system to yours. I just play at 1080P with everything on high and it runs well enough for me on my G sync monitor.

What are your system specs? I was getting random NES-style slowdown at 1440p

That slowdown on the NES seems sporadic, compared to Goldeneye on Nintendo 64. Goldeneye had frequent slowdowns... Strangely, when mostly in an open section of the map and the gunfire goes in slow motion. Of course, it was worse when emulated then on the real thing...

Goldeneye always went slow-mo on certain parts of maps... Rare seemed to fix that with Perfect Dark...

That slowdown on the NES seems sporadic, compared to Goldeneye on Nintendo 64. Goldeneye had frequent slowdowns... Strangely, when mostly in an open section of the map and the gunfire goes in slow motion. Of course, it was worse when emulated then on the real thing...

Goldeneye always went slow-mo on certain parts of maps... Rare seemed to fix that with Perfect Dark...
???????????????? Just curious what I'm supposed to take away from this comment. It seems random.

???????????????? Just curious what I'm supposed to take away from this comment. It seems random.

I only caught that slowdown on the NES sometimes... While Rare with Goldeneye, had something a little funky going on... It was an example of something with a slowdown issue.

Xbox / PC have been playing very well on my side.
The environment looks nice, the upgrades on visuals looks nice so far. Haven't played it as much as I would of liked yet but overall enjoying it on both systems. As for the PC if not mistaken I have it running 4k with little issues at all with near 60FPS (sorry forgot what settings I used), but dropped it down to 1080p to crank everything up more. Solid 60FPS.

Only thing with the PC that seems odd. Thankfully I haven't had the issue but if people are having massive frame rate issues, seems the only way to solve it is to re-install windows. I'm having an issue with Gears of War 4 which requires a full reinstall of the OS to potentially fix the issue. Yeah not looking forward to that.

Back