• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

"Found.000" -- Can I delete?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sims

Registered
Got quite a few "Found.xxx (x is >= 0)", with "File000.chk" inside. I believe the are recovered file fragments from scandisk. The question is can I delete them?

thanx

thefly

I think so.

I delete the folder with no ill effects.

also don't know anyway to use the files found in that folder.

:rolleyes:

mbentley

Gloriously Lead, Overclockix Chief Architect
...and when you run scandisk again, you can just tell it to delete the files instead of trying to save them to a disk. i have never been able to recover anything from a scandisk chk file... i don't really see a need to save em either as they just collect like that anyhow :)

Lord_Zoltan

mbentley said:
...and when you run scandisk again, you can just tell it to delete the files instead of trying to save them to a disk. i have never been able to recover anything from a scandisk chk file... i don't really see a need to save em either as they just collect like that anyhow :)

your right they are pointless :)

Oh ya and you can delete them. all the .chk files, just waste space...sorta :)

redduc900

Inactive Moderator
There is one specific circumstance where these files may be of some practicable use....that's when a word processing document file has been damaged or lost, in which case one of the .CHK files may contain part or even most of the contents of the file. In that case it would be possible to use 'copy and paste' to transfer the usable information from the .CHK file to a new word processing document.

Also, if you're familiar with hex and know how to use a hex editor (like Ultra Edit for example)...vital information can sometimes be extracted/restored from these .CHK files. ;)