• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Foxconn + E5-2650 upgrade compatibility

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

starmike

Hello, I got this server for my small farm for rendering and crunching

Following specs

2 x E5-2650 V1
128 GB RAM
Foxconn 020118B00-600-G
Lots of noise haha

I can't get any info or manual on this motherboard...
The cpu's are quite cheap and I thought of upgrading them but can't find any info about if E5-2650 V4 would work with this? Maybe there are better I could use instead?

Can any one confirm if they will work or where I could get more info on the board?

Cheers
Mike

JLK03F150

What have I done! Member
I have a Foxconn motherboard in my HTPC. I was able to get drivers, manual & BIOS updates for it about three or four years ago, but all of their motherboard support sites have been down since ~2018.

David

Forums Super Moderator
Hello, I got this server for my small farm for rendering and crunching

Following specs

2 x E5-2650 V1
128 GB RAM
Foxconn 020118B00-600-G
Lots of noise haha

I can't get any info or manual on this motherboard...
The cpu's are quite cheap and I thought of upgrading them but can't find any info about if E5-2650 V4 would work with this? Maybe there are better I could use instead?

Can any one confirm if they will work or where I could get more info on the board?

Cheers
Mike

The v4 won't work in that board. The v1 uses DDR3 memory, while v3 and v4 use DDR4.

OP
S

starmike

Thank you very much for your fast reply. All information I was able to find came from descriptions of sales pages for used stuff. Difference is as pointed out DDR and the socket itself, that for v4 is a 2011-3 while V1+V2 sit on a 2011 one. Guess I leave it as it is.