• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

fpo#3302 sl6ef costarica !

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ps2

Registered
icant pass 165fsb i know lots of people can reach 3200mhz with default voltage but icant pass 2970 am i the just un lucky one here? it wont go further even i set the vcore to1.750v is it because of high temps?my mobo is 35C and the cpu is 45C on idle at 2400mhz when i set it to 2970mhz it increases to 50C on idle and the board remains same(35C) i thought it is because of my ram and ordered xms 2x256mbpc3500 and also slk900 with 92mm tornado my board is p4pe and ddr333kingston will they help me to get 3200mhz?

Verocity

Registered
Hmm, I have seen a lot of people, including myself, reaching 3GHz+ on these chips so in your case it may be bad luck.
:(

Your temps seem awfully high. You may want to double check your heatsink because that is too hot for just idle.

OP
P

ps2

Registered
my room temp. is around 26C -30C can it be because of high temps?

OP
P

ps2

Registered
(HR)Titan said:
maybe with new memory the things will go on better way
i wish that too. but is the room temp high for overclocking?

OP
P

ps2

Registered
and also anybody has the same fpo# like mine?

gouda96

lol...

lol... has anyone even asked him what mobo he has? That is the single most important factor in oc'ing a proc. What type do you have?

plus those temps are definately not holding you back. They are well inside the safe zone. They would not have anything to do with your clock... atleast until it was a little higher.

Verocity

Registered
Hehe what MB are you using? :) And yes, room temp can greatly affect the temps of your PC. My system runs at 52C in a warm room compared to 42C when it's nice and cool.

OP
P

ps2

Registered
Re: lol...

gouda96 said:
lol... has anyone even asked him what mobo he has? That is the single most important factor in oc'ing a proc. What type do you have?

plus those temps are definately not holding you back. They are well inside the safe zone. They would not have anything to do with your clock... atleast until it was a little higher.
my board is asusp4pe and updated to 1005 final

OP
P

ps2

Registered
yes it is the correct 1005 final i updated it from asus web site

XxSuN_SoOxX

Registered
actually mine is the 3306 and i ran 3.0 ghz stock vcore and now 3.2 @ 1.625,, once i get my slk-900 imma go for 3.5 ghz =)