• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fractal Design Define Nano S too small for a Titan X (Pascal)?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

raccoonone

I'm building a new computer for some gaming and also deep learning algorithms, so am planning to get a Titan X. Likely overkill for gaming, but it'll make the deep learning algorithms a lot faster, so I figure it's justified :)

I'm a bit stuck on what case to get though. I was thinking of something small and light weight, and the Define Nano S as well as the Phantek Evolv ITX look nice. I'm wondering about space and cooling though. I'll probably be running the GPU close to 24/7. Should I be looking at a more spacious case like the Carbide 540, or the Fractal Designs Define S?

Leegit

You can have up to 6 fans in the Fractal Design Nano S. 4x 140s (or 120s) and 2x 120s (bottom and back). I really like mine.

What are you going to do for cooling on the CPU? You may have clearance issues... I don't think you will be able to fit a large heatsink + large GPU in the case... although I haven't measured. You will def. need low-profile RAM if you get a larger heatsink. If you are going for a slim 240 or 280 rad... it will also be a tight fit unless you mount a slim 240 on top in a push or pull config. Something to considered...

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
Space is easy.. the case website should tell you how large of a GPU can fit and you can get length specs on the Titan Xp.. put those together and.......... your space question is answered.

MattNo5ss

5up3r m0d3r4t0r
There's 315 mm (12.4") of room for GPUs with the front fans mounted. The Titan X is 10.5" in length, so you'll be fine. Here's a pic from my Define Nano S review with my old 10.5" GTX 980 Ti installed with front mounted fans + radiator, and it still fits... The only other thing worth noting is that there is only a small amount of space between the PSU and GPU. So, one of the fans on the ACX cooler has limited intake.

fd_nano_s_radiator.jpg

OP
R

raccoonone

Thanks! Ya, I was a bit concerned that with one intake blocked the GPU will get too hot, especially if I'm running it 24/7. I just found the Carbide 250D which looks like it might be a better bet since the GPU intake is open to the side vent on the case.