• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Frame tearing in Halo CE that looks like an unstable OC, with both Radeons!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RJARRRPCGP

Thus, I don't think I have a bad video card, because it looks OK in Unigine Heaven 4.0, even in ultra mode! Looks like it occurs, because of the high FPS I get in Halo CE.

The first time I saw this type of phenomenon, was with my Radeon R9 280X (3 GB of VRAM, like my GeForce GTX 1060) on my Kaveri rig.

I also saw the same type of phenomenon on my Radeon RX 580 (8GB of VRAM) on my socket 1366 rig, in the sig. :confused:

And it shows up in my first video made with my Radeon RX 580, LOL. Well, I think I need sync now, if not FreeSync!

It's not just an HDMI thing, it's confirmed to happen with DisplayPort on my socket 1366 rig with my HP Omen 25 monitor, which supports 144 Hz, albeit Halo CE only lets me select 120 Hz for the max.

I never saw this kind of phenomenon occur with a Nvidia video card, BTW.

Update: I can't see any corruption with Vsync on. Makes me think I now need to force higher clocks at lower power states with conventional Vsync and/or add more eye candy! ;) Because the phenomenon isn't just a TV thing, where I first saw that on a Samsung TV that can only do 30 Hz at 4K!

Last edited:
Back