• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Freakishly low framerates in crysis and c/warhead!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

grishenko45

hi all,

major problem here!!

the last time i played crysis using my settings i was getting 35-45 fps
the last time i played crysis wahead with the same graphic settings i was getting 45-50 fps,....

then i played them today - and im getting 10fps in both games! its like under 15fps in both! ive done nothing to them at all, not changed my bios settings, my graphic settings, my gpu drivers, my gpu OC nothing has changed!!!!

appart from I've installed a program called powerdvd 9 - but this isnt even running when the games are! its not running in the background - i checkd!

what is this problem!!!

how to solve??

please all scratch your heads on this one!

cheers

btw.....gtx285 and combined 17ghz of cpu power - so its not the hardware!

Theocnoob

... ...

There's no such thing as combined 17GHZ of CPU power.

We NEED to stop saying GHZ and start saying FLOPS. GHZ is absolutely in no way a reflection of output. It's just like saying RPM on a car engine.

RPM+displacement+boost=HP/Torque HP/Torque=FLOPS (floating point operations/second)

If you press CTRL ALT DEL are you getting any CPU hit? With idle?

Please post your entire system and all running processes (ya its a ***** but we need it to help you)

OP
grishenko45

grishenko45

ok then - 4.25Ghz quad core.

i also installed a new dvd burner - dont think that will kill fps!

all other games work fine!

no cpu hit on idle - if i turn off all monitoring programs im getting 38 processes running - and i still get 10fps!

ratbuddy

no cpu hit on idle - if i turn off all monitoring programs im getting 38 processes running - and i still get 10fps!

Is it running at a constant 10fps, or jerky with dips and peaks? Tried it at stock CPU/GPU clocks yet?

Have you run memtest lately?

Theocnoob

No dude.

Quad core of what? Phenom X4 < C2Q < Phenom II X4 < I5X4< i7X4

CPU brand and model

Mobo brand and model

RAM brand and model

GPU brand and model

all pertinent overclock settings

PSU brand and model

Operating system and 32 or 64 bit

OP
grishenko45

grishenko45

i dont get why i need to run memtest when my OC hasnt been altered for ages - still the same from when i was getting 40fps!

i updated my bios today - but that cant affect it - can it:?

ratbuddy

i dont get why i need to run memtest when my OC hasnt been altered for ages - still the same from when i was getting 40fps!

Because RAM can go bad over time. I'm leaning towards driver issues if you've updated those lately, or maybe a stick of RAM having gone bad. That's easy enough to check, just run memtest.

Citing which synthetic benches the rig is stable for doesn't mean anything either. I've had an OC that could pass unlimited periods of OCCT/blend/whatever and would crash within a few seconds of running an actual game :beer:

OP
grishenko45

grishenko45

im using a different program then!!!! mines just called memtest memory diagnostics - it just stresses ram 1gb at a time

OP
grishenko45

grishenko45

problem solved guys!!!!!!!!!

heres the problem........since i changed a few things on my rig yesterday (dvd optical 1 and added a bluray optical drive 2 - new software - and i repaired windows) it thought i had a new pc - anyway - sop when i next booted it said "activate windows" so i activated windows again - it works fine!

seems like if windows thinks you've got a cracked copy OS all games for windows live run crappy!

hope this can help other people - coz i did know i had to reactivate until i rebooted!

cheers for the help guys!