• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Free 3d rendering software?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dj Spiel

Long story short, I am moving to my grandmothers from my current location and taking over her 3rdFloor/Attic

I currently live with a friend who makes well over 6 figures and by those means he doesnt charge me like 1000$ rent.

I basically just pay for Internet,Cable & Phone. Which is what I am going to be paying when I move in at grandmothers house.

I wanted to get some sort of 3d rendering software So I could make a layout plan of the floor. Because I have a fair amount of stuff I am going to take with me and I want to use all the room I can.

i have also seen stuff used like this on this board before for someone redoing there room for a lan station setup. But it was like a wire diagram

My girlfriend watches the streams of Jersey Shore and something else about teenage parents on MTV, because the cable isn't hooked up to any TV in our place. Anytime she does that, I feel my intelligence dropping just from hearing it in the background.

Edit: Wow, somehow I was in the "Shows about rich spoiled kids" thread, made a post with Quick Reply, and it ended up in this thread?

Google Sketchup would suit your purposes very well.

As an individual who's well trained/experienced with Sketchup and other 3d/2d drafting/desiging software...

I'd suggest for your purpose, unless you have the desire to learn a new skillset for other reasons, you might be best served with some graph paper/ruler to scale things and some scissors ;).

Unless you've developed software specific computer-assisted drafting skills (which I'm not discouraging!), you're likely to make faster use of your time playing with some 2D paper in the real-world. On the other hand, a purpose such as this is a great motivation to pick up a new skill :).

Seconding the Sketchup recommendation, for the record!

Back