• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Free CPU HSF

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Probably a different cooler then as the hottest 6600's are 105W TDP (before OC)...

Of related interest/note - proper TIM application on these newfangled exposed heatpipe heatsinks was a new trick I had to learn - the slight air gaps between the otherwise flat copper/aluminum contact surfaces require some "pre-filling."

Great illustrations of some different attempts here:

http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.p...ask=view&id=170&Itemid=1&limit=1&limitstart=5

Nope, not had. Florida still have CompUSAs. Some merger between an independent proprieter and tiger direct or something like that.

pik4chu - you may have gotten a heatsink with defective heatpipes. It's very rare but it does happen.

I guess that could be it, I have no real idea where it came from, I was just overhauling all my folding rigs and was noticing some pretty incredible heat coming from one box so I checked temps and got very concerned. After fidling with it for a good while and still unable to get reasonable temps I just threw it out and slapped on a stock cooler until I find a reasonable solution as I have more pressing issues to deal with first. Its louder than it was but at least im not concerned about the cpu melting into the slot anymore.

Other than 1 in Tampa and 1 in Miami/Broward area, I am not sure how many are open. Frys and Microcenter are better than what I have over here.

There is another one in Orlando. I think they are still in Florida because Tiger Direct has a main warehouse/location in Miami. So they already have the business presence in Florida, they just expanded it here.

I'd take a Microcenter over CompUSA/Tiger Direct any day.

I just realized to that I can order this online, and end up only paying $6 for shipping. I think I'm gonna bite.

Back