• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Free image hosting by me for OC use.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Capt Fiero

Ok I am going to give this a shot for a short time. I am going to need some help testing it out.

Rules are going to be by request only. (I am asking people to follow the rules, I am not enforceing them though)

Here are rules.

No huge files, please dont drop a 60meg file on there and then annouce it on some forum so that my bandwidth gets killed.

This is for Overclockers Forum members only to use. If I find people abusing it I will kill the public login and make it private logins only.

I hate to sound mean about it, but I see so many people with stuff that needs to be hosted and it is a real pain to find decent free hosting sites anymore.

Oh and guys please, dont try to hack my server I am setting the account restrictions pretty simple just to allow people a little bit mroe flexability. You can upload, download and move things.

Alright all done with junk, now lets get down to the funk.

Here is how it will work. You will use an ftp to upload pics and then http to put them on the web. Your best bet is to use my domain name, www.captfiero.com instead of my IP as my IP does change from time to time, about every 6 months or so.

ftp://24.86.139.117
Once the ftp open use the File "login as" option

Login: geek
Pass: power

upload your pics once uploaded use

www.captfiero.com/overclockers/whatever you uploaded

My connection is 5mb up 1.5mb down wtih 50gig per month transfer.

Even if you dont plan to use it, I would like to get a few people to test it out for me just to make sure it works.

Have Fun.

Capt

very nice - but does your ISP allow image hosting and an http server - not likely so i would HIGHLY sugegst taking it off port 80 or the FTP on port 21 as cable iSP scan the known port ranges frequently!!

thanks for the hosting though - how can you tell where the image is posted though? what are you using to track to see where the file is linked to?

We my ISP it is a kinda dont tell dont ask type of deal. I have been running an HTTP server and FTP server for almost 5 years. WIth the advent of P2P file sharing programs in the hands of people that dont understand upload bandwith my little HTTP is nothing in comparison.

As for how I moniter it, I have a few log analizers to watch the logs that Apache spits out, and I have logs on the FTP client as well that I can keep an eye on.

It is my hope though that I wont have to worry about monitering stuff. I am just going to let it run and see how it goes.

I am pulling the machine offline for a while proably till about 5pm PST as I am going to clean up the wiring on the side panel. I want it to be a bit cleaner.

Back