• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Free packing stuff from USPS?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Here is a link to free shipping supplies at usps.com. Look to the shipping supplies link just under the "Browse Store" image. Remember, shipping of the boxes to your home is free no matter how much you order.

http://supplies.usps.gov/

Boxes, boxes for all!

Last edited:
I have a small cabinet full of labels, tape and boxes... and I actually use them! Please order only what you will use... tax dollars and inflated usps charges are hard at work!

Pinky said:
I have a small cabinet full of labels, tape and boxes... and I actually use them! Please order only what you will use... tax dollars and inflated usps charges are hard at work!

Good advise Pinky, I ordered a few items last year and they sent me 100x the amount I ordered, I have a small car (Subaru SVX) and it took me two trips to the Post office to return all the boxes of supplies. I simply had no room to store all the items. (close to 150 pounds of items, I ordered a box of tape and some small boxes and I was like WTF when the supplies arrived.

Thanks, I found it...didnt want anything though, but its good to know.

As a side note, the post office is mandated by congress to break even. Some years they make money some years they lose it. Even if all of us took as many free boxes as we could fit in our houses, we wouldnt do as much damage as one their their slug-like mismanagers on a good day.

I ordered some boxes and tape from them and they arrived pretty quickly. But I think I ordered too many boxes this time. I know eventually I'll use them all, but man, I have approx 20 small boxes...

tape and boxes, is that it?

What about bubble wrap or something? All I find is boxes and tape, let me know what else there is if anything. Im not ordering it right now but this is good info :)

--edit-- I live in a remote area and have no access to any post offices...

--edit edit-- Im a liar and live right next door to the post office but am very lazy.

what about REAL size boxes? I have some of the smaller ones from past dealings with them, but they never seem to be the right size for what I am shipping. We need some 18" cubes and other "computer sized" boxes!

I've been ordering boxes from the website since 2000, and I'm pretty sure that the largest priority mail box you can get is the 12" x 12" x 8".

Well, I already knew about this, and am waiting on 300 boxes. As the boxes make no difference in how much money they have. I'm making a couch.

a... a couch? lol

:rolleyes: good use of tax dollars
brow.gif

Pssh, when I had a job I paid taxes. I realize that it's not constructive, but the postal service isn't going out of business any time soon...

Back