• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Free packing stuff from USPS?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well, put it this way, John Law. I will eventually ship stuff with them. The couch is just a way to store them.

In your logic, storing them in a closet would be illegal. Or perhaps owning them. :rolleyes:

OKJEFF4 said:
Well, put it this way, John Law. I will eventually ship stuff with them. The couch is just a way to store them.

In your logic, storing them in a closet would be illegal. Or perhaps owning them. :rolleyes:

You said you were using them for a couch, not storage!!! :p Oh well. I was going to order boxes and got the "...illegal..." message and cancelled my order.

That is the worst thing about this =/ Unfortunately if you use a box that says Priority Mail then you HAVE to ship priority mail and if it says express you have to ship express =(

I LOVe the little boxes they have for priority mail but I just want to ship at regular rates! hehe.

turn the box inside out and there is no priority mail charge. BUT if you read the thing, it's against federal law to use these supplies for anything but postal use because they belong to the govt. Just fyi.

gwcz said:
turn the box inside out and there is no priority mail charge. BUT if you read the thing, it's against federal law to use these supplies for anything but postal use because they belong to the govt. Just fyi.

Sometimes postal clerks wont accept boxes turned inside out, so a simple solution is to put it inside a tyvek mailer (the mailers can even be the free priority ones). They never have a problem with that even though they know its a priority mail box inside.

gwcz said:

I just noticed that on my triangular boxes....

Be silly, cross out the USPS stuff and put whatever service you are using :p

Eh, when I send stuff for people I dont care what direction the box is. I'll send Priority boxes via UPS and send whatever boxes for USPS(if it says priority it must go priority though). I'm a substation for both.

Whoops haha well that is what I meant. If you ship it through USPS in a priority box it has to be shipped priority. Suppose turning it inside out might work to be able to send at normal media mail rates, although the gummy stickum thing won't work that way of course hehe. Will check em out when they arrive.

I have searched all over the site with no luck to finding this "mother load" of packing supplies. am I missing soemthing or has the links been changed?

Havoc_ said:
I have searched all over the site with no luck to finding this "mother load" of packing supplies. am I missing soemthing or has the links been changed?

it takes ~2 weeks for me to get this free packing stuff from USPS, but I recently came to my post office and asked for some boxes I needed and they gave me 50 boxes at once .. for free ..

so i think it's much faster to just go to your PO and ask for whatever you need ...

Back