• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Freesco and folding?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RoadWarrior

Hi gang,

Anybody use Freesco to share internet connections to your folding boxes?

I have been meaning for ages to get my head around linux networking to set up a router/server, somehow I get all read up, then can't get to do it for a week or two, by which time I seem to have forgotten everything and have to do all the reading over again. So it seems like with that approach I'll never get extra folders online.

So for *ahem* a stopgap I was thinking of using a freesco based router, no tying up decent hardware, just throwing a 486 and ISA NICs at it and it should be good right?

I kinda have the idea that it might end up being more permanent than I intend, but I can be screwing around with linux to my hearts content after I've got my folding flying right?

My network is gonna be a bit byzantine, cable modem, to 5 port hub, to 2 PCs and 1 router 2 Nics to 9 port hub plus BNC, probably 6 running off TP on hub two off BNC to hub, possibly one or two machines plipped off linux boxes ....

Or something like that, I'll tell people it's a kinetic art sculpture or something.

Road Warrior