• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Freezes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ToiletDuck

has anyone had the problem where when you try to transfer files from one harddrive to another your computer freezes? I have tried to move some files 3 times to my other harddrive and each time my comp has frozen.

Bull

The only thing I can think of is maybe one of the hard drives is going south on you . Make sure that both drives are set up properly with the jumpers set correctly. If you have both hard drives on the same port set one as Master and the other as slave. If you have a DVD or cd rom on those ports make sure that they are set up as master and slave respectively. Sometimes when you set the hard drives as cable select on different brands you will have problems. Also test both hard drives to make sure they are functioning properly. I know WD has a small download at their site to test their hard drives. Also make sure the drives are set up correctly in your device manager. The correct speed their supposed to run and the drivers installed correctly. Hope this helps a little.
Daniel