• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FREEZING PROBLEMS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
10 & 11 for sure maybe 9 but I think that may be fine.
As a computer only has 15 irq's to use one way of freeing up irq's is to disable unused com ports and printer(ltp) ports in the bios if not used.
Also acpi if you can and dont care about the power saving thing.

I seem to run into problems everytime I have Advanced Power Managment Enabled. So I always make sure it is disabled.

Normally IRQ's are fine sharing with one other device. Except the video card in most cases. The ATA controllers can be a pain in the butt to if they share IRQ's as well.

But like I mentioned above. Anytime I have ever had an irq conflict. the hardware doesnt work right from the begining, Or windows wont boot in. Or I have had it where it wont allow me to even install drivers for the hardware.
I have never had it work for a while and then not work. But I guess anything is possible.

This is VERY interesting...
I don't think it's an IRQ problem, as I've never seen a busmastering video card that doesn't use irq10. Irqs 14 & 15 are always used by the IDE-controllers. Just install linux and learn the hard way.

Have you updated everything to the newest drivers/game patches?
That could fix things, but seeing as you get freezes always, it might not.

Trying with a different mobo, different CPU & different RAMs could give you a pointer as to where the problem lies.

yeah, no, everythign is updated except for my network cards.. but there relatiely recent so I fugre that I have the newer versions.. btu those are the only preiphials that I have not searched for an updater device driver for.

I really think you should try pulling your network cards and try running without them if you havent already. I noticed above you mentioned you havent gutted the pc and started with just your video card.

If you havent done that yet, I think it's the only way to figure out what is going on now!

Just a update on that IRQ... Check yesterday, when I got home, my MX uses IRQ11. No biggie, just a little variance.

Roger on that. I WILL gut her !! I think it may take a little more than 2 weeks however, due to the |un-fun" fact that I'm am in EXAM session next week and I MUST study. So you guys will be updated relatively soon on what's going on.

if you have a fater processor it may be this thing called split plane voltage. The newer PIII's need it and only i810 chipsets and higher support it. I had the same problem with a PIII 850 and a BE6 II v1.2. I also got a new processor and that one didn't work either. I know it sucks but I had to buy a new mobo. Got a SA6R and it rocks.

Katabatik (Apr 26, 2001 05:22 a.m.):
if you have a fater processor it may be this thing called split plane voltage. The newer PIII's need it and only i810 chipsets and higher support it. I had the same problem with a PIII 850 and a BE6 II v1.2. I also got a new processor and that one didn't work either. I know it sucks but I had to buy a new mobo. Got a SA6R and it rocks.

How come more people arent having problems with this then? And what do you mean newer cpu's? The cCo's?
I have an 800E on a BE6-II with no troubles at all!

Back