• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Friend starting a lan center, wants 120 pcs, where i get 120 of each product?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sun_tzu617

Friend starting a lan center, wants 70 or so pcs, where i get 70 of each product?

My friend is startign a lan center, and wants around 120 or the best pcs out (well, 6800gts, and amd 64 3500's) I order everythign from newegg, but they just dont have enough, and only allow 5 per customer, where can i get that much? Do i have to ask the manufact?

I need 120 pc's with these specs!

Chieftech cases
ocz 470 psu's
amd 64 3500
ram - thinking buffalo or crucial stuff
mobo- Abit av8
2x 74 raptors in raid (for room and speed and we are all gamins, so we need fast boot/load times)
custom paint jobs on all of em (you know maybe 300 bucks each)
The mx510 series mouse, and a keyboard thast nice but not wireless (might get stolen)
6800 gt's to play doom/stalker/farcry and stuff
etc.

thx for helping!

Last edited:

Dc5e

i'm not sure where you can get them, but there are probably online stores that sell them in bulk or so. You can probably find some online place that gives you discounts for ordering large quantities. i'm sure ordering 120 of a particular item will give you some discount.

nealric

At those volumes, I would look into buying wholelsale- you could get stuff much cheaper.
Maybe something like CDW- think they do a lot of big buisness computer orders.

You dont need 2x raptors in raid. Check the game boot times and raid article on the front page- its worthless. Plus, you want reliability. You are better off getting 2nd big drive.

OP
Sun_tzu617

Sun_tzu617

so a raptor, and a 250 gb harddrive for games, music and movies, were gonan provide everything, including movies so peopel can relax after 10 hour of gaming :D
1 raptor is good then, saves some money per..
What do you guys think of the thermaltake cases? Maybe get the heaviest oen to prevent anyone trying to run off with one :) with locks too!

OP
Sun_tzu617

Sun_tzu617

what monitor should we get then? Maybe a 21 incher? Dunno what though, might go modern and get flatscreens like the dell series.... we have a $3500 budget for each pc....

Also, how will i be able to make all teh games play, dont most of em need cd's? And we dont wnat the chillens to use the game cd's do we :D

daniel_dynasty

first of all let me tell you to tell your friend hes crazy about buying 120 of those computers with those specs. A typical lan center does not have 120 computers.. around 50-70 should be sufficient. Also dont buy those parts from retailers, buy them from the manufactuer themselves.

chieftec - 50?
ocz 470 psu's - 80?
amd 64 3500 - 500?
buffalo or crucial stuff - 230?
Abit av8 - 120?
2x 74 raptors - 320?
custom paint jobs on all of em TIME+MONEY
The mx510 series mouse- 40, and a keyboard thast nice but not wireless - 30?
6800 gt's - 500?

~1900 WITHOUT CABLES FANS COOLING TIME PAINT SPEAKERS SOFTWARE?

you might get a few discounts here and there. BUT THIS IS NOT THE WAY TO MAKE MONEY!!!!!! IN FACT YOU LOSE MORE MONEY THAN YOU CAN GAIN IN MONTHS OR MAYBE YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
Sun_tzu617

Sun_tzu617

Its his dream, he just won the lotto, and what he got in lump sum, his bank account is 45 million dollors!! HE CAN AFFORD IT! So 50 or so computers will be fine? no speakers, headphoens only, the logitech ones that i have are what we getting, only 20 bucks a piece! Ive seen teh lan centers around my area, and if he got em all to go to him, hed need atleast 200 but 50 at a time should be fine.
Its his money, let him do it. As long as he pays me good, and we have fun, thats all we need!

OP
Sun_tzu617

Sun_tzu617

We will not need to paint depending on the cases, becasue the thermaltakes look pre modded painted... looks good, no need to add it.

attack

50 is a lot of computers!
I'd just get some nice 19" CRT's, no need to go all out with OCZ ram and 3500+'s...save the cash (yes it's apparent he has it), but save the cash for games! remember each computer has to have it's own copy of the game...yeah I know your on a LAN so you can get away with one copy, but if you get ratted out your gonna really regret it.

I'd just get one 250gb IDE HDD
3200+ is fine
2x512 of PC3200 (any brand should do)
9800pro's
audigy sound cards

For the cases, just get something decent, chieftecs work...then bolt them down literaly through the bottom of the case....for monitors, **** let em try to lug em out just get a security cam on the door.

OP
Sun_tzu617

Sun_tzu617

nonono, the ocz ram and all that is for MY MAIN Pc, and HIS too
ours will be as follows

Heres our systems (hes buying the parts and im gettign a free pc :) )

Lianli cases With 120 mm holes for our radiators
Painted with a custom rendering, he wants the pics of teh starcraft marines and his name that looks liek dripping blood, osmthing liek that, i want a watergod, where huge waves hit a coastline with the sun shining on it(light blue background), and teh reflectiosn on teh water, then, a huge being of water apears with a huge sword of ice and a warhorn reaching out to the sun and yelling, then it fades to a dark purple background, and you see a full moon and stars, and the shine reflecting on him as well as the sun on teh other side! It will look awsome!
fx-53
watercooling
ocz3700 eb if possible ( he wnast two gigs)
2x raptors for the hell of it :)
mobo
Those awsome dell fglatscreen gaming monitors
Soundblaster audigy zs platnim (whatever is that really good one they got)
I got speakers, he need 6.1 for some reason
Hes getting a 6800ultra but will upgrade to duel ultras in sli when that comes out(he'll need 2 pci express cards, and i told him that)
My x800xt is ordered

Thats about it.

Im building :) Im getting 200-400 bucks a pc (not mine) to boot! Not bad for a 16 year old! says that i deserve the money, and the pc for being such a good guy, and we are also having a pc building center at the lan center too.... he gets 50 percent of the profit (200 a piece).

He wants to also start massive lan tourney's you know like 200 plus or somthing in a convention center.... But thats way later :D

nissmo300

If money is no object why not get AMD FX-53's in all of the them and you'll be set for a couple years.

Buy a ATiX800 or the 6800 in all of them. Buy Lian Li case becuase they look sofisticated and make your place more ellegant than cheap colorful cases.

You'll have the fastest lan center in the world.

Also, invest in a T3 line. Then you're all set.

fl0w

Man, I could only dream of a lan center like that around my area. The best place around here can run CS on the crappy computers they have and not much else. Only about 50 computers, too.

OP
Sun_tzu617

Sun_tzu617

We will, of course provide T1 internet or somthing a little more powerful, so that people can go on forums, check mail, download updates and patches
And we'll just oc teh 3500 to fx-53 speeds and more, we wont need em really, but me and my friend will have em :) We might actually ahave a massive watercooling channle that connects to all the pcs, but thats a stretch so far.

OP
Sun_tzu617

Sun_tzu617

We may just get lain li's but i have to ask if my friend wants em, newegg has em for cheaper than thermaltakes, so who knows, stay tuned on that one :)

The 6800gt is easier to find than a 6800 ulta, and gettign one ultra is hard enough, let alone 50. What we want a lan center by gamers for gamers, the one closest by is ugly, boring, nasty, and smells, this will be the best place to go to, and we'll make it count! We are thinking of providing a security guard at the door, and a vault for those gamers that bring their pcs for a 3 day lan party, and cant stay awake that long...

Well have a D.O.Y section were peopel will haev tools to build their pcs in a nice room with no static, we'll provide tech services liek fixing pcs and stuff, and etc.

If we are doing this, we are going all out....

nissmo300

I dont suggest watercooling the computers at your lan center, thats just asking for trouble. Plus how much more is a FX-53 than a 3500? Is it worth all the watercooling parts for each one PLUS the maintainace AND the risk of something leaking or knocked/ bumped into by accident causing one or more computers to die? I dont think so.

David

Forums Super Moderator
If he is wanting so many PCs he may be as well getting them from a company who builds pcs? That way you can also get tech support and stuff to make things easier? Just a thought to save hassle.

Remember to run FaH on those rigs ;)

daniel_dynasty

sun... tell you friend to save that money for his retirement LMAO. i swear he is busting too much for a LAN center. dont forget maintainence fees and be sure to get antiviruses and firewalls EVERYWHERE ive been to a couple lan/computer cafes myself and they have keylogs and viruses all over.. i have an idea for this frend of yours that won the lotto make like 40 super computers like the ones u listed and like 10 computers that arent that tricked out but can play games with good fps and charge a little more for the super computers. i have seen no lan cafe with those kinda upser computers... hope he fulfills his dream :D tell him to save the money for later he WILL need it.. house, insurance, car, insurance, bills, n more...

OP
Sun_tzu617

Sun_tzu617

David, i was just about to say folding at home :)
I bet we can order 50 of everything easy, eightehr ording 10 times on everything, within a few days, or just getting it all from the manufacts!

daniel_dynasty

hey sun do you have AIM? No dealing on sales outside of classifieds, even if as a rep. for a friend. Thanks -- macklin01, forums moderator

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Sun_tzu617

Sun_tzu617

daniel_dynasty said:
sun... tell you friend to save that money for his retirement LMAO. i swear he is busting too much for a LAN center. dont forget maintainence fees and be sure to get antiviruses and firewalls EVERYWHERE ive been to a couple lan/computer cafes myself and they have keylogs and viruses all over.. i have an idea for this frend of yours that won the lotto make like 40 super computers like the ones u listed and like 10 computers that arent that tricked out but can play games with good fps and charge a little more for the super computers. i have seen no lan cafe with those kinda upser computers... hope he fulfills his dream :D tell him to save the money for later he WILL need it.. house, insurance, car, insurance, bills, n more...

David, avg is free, so is zone alarm, if u get teh free version, spyware seach and destroy, spybot... Me him and anotehr friend will do all the tech support.... i myself am a fierce gamer, and havnt even had to open my case in the last year.

YEs we are having VIP super computers liek our built, for those that can afford, are allowed to, and can handel them...

I got it all figured dude, trust me, ive been thinking over all teh ideas for MY lan center, but i wont have my own, just his, which will be a son to me, sicne everything is built by me :)