• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Front Intake Fan LOUD! Plz help...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PCGUY112887

OK. My computer isn't done yet (still need memory and a video card) but I have enough to play with the fans. I have everything hooked up, and the very loudest fan on my comp is the front 90mm intake! I can turn that fan down about 1/2 way and just then it matches the rest of my fans that are at full speed. I have the exact same 90mm on top of my CPU and it doesn't make this much noise. I am guessing it's because it's trying to suck air through all of those little holes in the front. I took off my front bezel and it still made the same noise so I know the bezel isn't blocking too much air. My front intake is meant for a 80mm but I modded it and actually added intake holes to help it...
Here is my comp..
http://www.spudfiles.com/computer.htm

And here are some pics of the front of my case....
(pic 16, 17, 18) yes a ghetto rigged fan. (one of the original holes was too close so when I drilled the second hole I ended up with a long hole, so I used a washer :p)
I can't just cut out the entire square because see how parts of the middle are still solid? That's because the buttons are right in front of it and you don't really want it eating wires.... what should I do?

And can anyone tell me what this is for? Pic 19 is what it looks like on the back of the bezel, and pic 20 is what it looks like from the front. It's along next to the USB and Firewire front I/O ports... it's labled as LED, but I still don't understand what it's for. Thanks :)

Attachments

• Picture 016.jpg
    Picture 016.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 89
  • Picture 017.jpg
    Picture 017.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 91
  • Picture 018.jpg
    Picture 018.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 87
  • Picture 019.jpg
    Picture 019.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 87
  • Picture 020.jpg
    Picture 020.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 85
You should take a dremel, and connect all the outer holes so that you take out a big square part with the holes in it, and the fan is left sucking air through just a big hole.

Attachments

• Picture 017.jpg
    Picture 017.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 103
I can't just cut out the entire square because see how parts of the middle are still solid? That's because the buttons are right in front of it and you don't really want it eating wires....
I guess I can try that, then maybe just tape back the wires so they aren't sucked into the fan? hehe, for some reason I didn't think about tapeing back wires till now....
Thx for the pic.

PCGUY112887 said:
I guess I can try that, then maybe just tape back the wires so they aren't sucked into the fan? hehe, for some reason I didn't think about tapeing back wires till now....
Thx for the pic.

Or use some tiewraps..i luv 'em :)

Happen to know anything about my odd "LED" on my front I/O?
I can't think of what it could be for... and I don't think it means LED as in LED light... that would be a very stupid place to put one, and it looks like from that back that it's meant to mount into something...

PCGUY112887 said:
Happen to know anything about my odd "LED" on my front I/O?
I can't think of what it could be for... and I don't think it means LED as in LED light... that would be a very stupid place to put one, and it looks like from that back that it's meant to mount into something...

Where is its cable going? if its not connected, just take it out. Are you sure it isnt just a weird placed power / hdd / whatever LED?

There is no cable at all. It's just a weird hole with a wierd back that looks like something could fit around it/in it, and it's labled as LED lol.....

Back