• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

front panel mod...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bigsoomo

sup guys, i was thinking of doing a front panel mod like the one from mnpctech.com. (pic attached) i was thinking of dremeling out the front panel and throw in some mesh...but how would i get the mesh to stay?

Attachments

• cheiftecclose.jpg
    cheiftecclose.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 392
wow, that would take forever.

anyway, you could just hot glue the mesh on, that would be the best idea probably, since the panel is plastic, and in case you ever want to remove it....it would be simple

If you use something like speaker cover fabric, attach one side at a time with silicone adhesive, and work your way around slowly, keeping it straight and level.

it shouldnt take to long to cut out, i think im going to be using gutter mesh from homo depot. i might go with the hot glue gun idea so i can take it off later if i wanted to...thanks any other suggestions?

The silicone stays fairly flexible, and is easy to scrape off if you need to. I've used it for mesh, screen, and for windows.

The silicone stays fairly flexible, and is easy to scrape off if you need to. I've used it for mesh, screen, and for windows.

pretty cool stooool, i just got the parts n stuff should be done by the end of the day il get some pics up soon

Not bad! If you wanted to make it stay forever....
JBWELD
or
Fiberglass Epoxy resin ;)
A little bondo around the edges would clean it up nicley and make it look like part of the case... :D

Yeah, I was planning on using jbweld on my mesh fan grills, ill have a look at that guys mod log. Probably a good idea.

Nice looking too bud.

i think im going to stick with the hot glue gun, im practicing on an old case with some bondo...bondo is some pretty cool stuff! thanks guys

edit: you guys think i should paint the mesh black or grey? hmmm i cant decide

Last edited:
Back