• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Front window?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jeffery_Paul

Registered
Just a thought, Has anyone ever made a front window on a case to show off the innards? I mean, all it requires is swapping the empty drive bays with acrylic, but has anyone tried it and if so does it look any good?

I have the CM ATCS840 and only have a fan controller and dvd drive, so that leaves me with a few drive bays I thought I might turn into a small window and stick some lighting in there, but to do it properly I would have to redo my entire WC loop to get the res/pump out of the way, so before I go to all that trouble, cutting new tubing, draining and refilling my loop, I thought I'd ask

DarkWhite

I have a fully acrylic case, with acrylic bays, and honestly I doubt you'd be able to see much, drive bays aren't exactly enourmous.

OP
Jeffery_Paul

Jeffery_Paul

Registered
after putting an LED in my Swiftech micro res, which sits in my drive bays, I have decided I am going to revive this idea.

Here's a pic of the res I'm talking about.

RIMG0042-Copy.jpg

With a glow like that, I really wanna show it off. And even a side window will hardly show it, but with a front window you get front row seats!

The only trouble is, once I have a piece of acrylic cut to size, how do I mount it?

I would really love some input on this, I'm sure together we could come up with a professional looking window!!!

Dooms101

wow Jolly that case is sooo awesome! Great job. But anyways... you can put windows where ever you want, I have windows on my top, and both sides and soon my drive bays. You could just glue them to the flashing around the drive slots. Or, you could 'gut' some drive covers and use there frames or tabs or w/e to hold it in like a giant or individual covers.