• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Frontpage 2002

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SRB442

I need to design a webpage for myself and would like opinions on Frontpage 2002. I bought a $30 software package but it seems very difficult to use. Is frontpage user freindly and can you install it on more than one PC or is it like XP. Opinions would graetly be appreciated. Steve

Front page is ok but it adds a lot of html that is not used I have used it for a little while till I found Arachnophilia 4.0 (4.0 is html, 5.1 is Java) its fast easy and is 100% free go here to get it http://www.arachnoid.com/arachnophilia/
I still have yet to try the java one yet but given the ease or 4.0 I would think it cranks out java code like dunk n donuts
Also legally you can only put FP2K on 1 system not a problem for Arachnophilia

Stedman,
Thanks for the advise I will check out both and see what works for me best. I also have looked at dreamweaver 4.0 but that looked like for advanced users? Steve

I have never worked much with designing a web site and need somthing that would be the easiest to use. I did download Arachnophilia and have looked at it. Steve

I personally dislike all versions of Frontpage as it is know for producing very poor pages with additional HTML which is not required and the HTML it needs is poorly formated and bloated. The pages created by frontpage are slow and look dreadfull in anything but Internet Explorer. Frontpage also the user to create features only visable by a specific browser ( any guess on which one ?? )
The W3C standards are constantly evolving and as such any WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) type of editor is only up to date at the point it was released.

Dreamweaver has a more flexible approach to creating pages and is a lot more powerfull, the pages it creates are by no means great but they are acceptable and can be made look reasonable in most browsers. The code created by dreamweaver is not bloated to the extent of that created by frontpage.

The main problem with WYSIWYG editors is that most people using them have little understanding of the code creating the page.. I use dreamweaver for speed but edit a lot using a text editor.. IMHO the best idea is to try to obtain a little knowledge of HTML and it will be worth more than any editor

Thanks for the information. I know I should learn more HTML but hope I can learn as I go. I will go with dreamweaver 4.0 but there is also dreamweaver mx. What is the difference? Steve

Back