• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fry's Hitachi Deskstar 1TB 3.5" Deal

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
"Limit 1 per household"

*shakes fist*

My file server needs more drives!

Close, but shipping kills it for me. This was $70 shipped on newegg not too long ago, and Amazon had it for $75 shipped. Microcenter currently has the 16MB version for $70.

These are decent drives, 7200rpm, 32mb cache, not very loud. These were on sale for $59.99 at Fry's B&M during their one-day sale on the Sunday of BF weekend, they were also $64.99 shipped from newegg at that same time. Hard drive prices have shot back up to their pre-holiday levels. :( Too bad I didn't purchase two more of these during that sale, they had a pallet full of them.

These are decent drives, 7200rpm, 32mb cache, not very loud. These were on sale for $59.99 at Fry's B&M during their one-day sale on the Sunday of BF weekend, they were also $64.99 shipped from newegg at that same time. Hard drive prices have shot back up to their pre-holiday levels. :( Too bad I didn't purchase two more of these during that sale, they had a pallet full of them.

Haha wow guess that showed me on prices. BF had me looking at monitors so I wasn't paying any attention to hard drives at all then. Still a nice price though for post holiday prices.

How do they enforce this? Do they check your ID or something?

nope... not if you go instore.... Many many times have i gone into frys and bought multiple limit 1 per person items (stacks of cds n whatnot) I either have a buddy buy em, or grab one pay walk out, grab another pay walk out n so on n so forth.

As far as the drive goes its a decent deal, it can be had for better but its still a good deal. And the drive is a good one. I got a 1tb hitachi and 500gb hitachi in my server, both up and running for over a year straight without any problems. I still got a wicked smokin deal on my 1tb hitachi tho... oem factory sealed brand new not refurbished... 40 bucks off CL hehe.

When I bought mine in-store the clerk let me pay with two separate transactions.

I bought two 1.5tb drives with the same CC on two separate orders. I just shipped them to two separate addresses.

Back