• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fry's motherboard/cpu combo deals

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chaos

Fry's B and M has a few nice deals on some mobo/cpu combos..

Intel core 2 quad(Q9400) w/biostar TP45E mobo for $189.99 w $20mir
cpu http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115131&Tpk=q9400
mobo http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813138165&Tpk=tp45e pretty much getting the mobo for free!!!

Intel core i7 860 w/biostar TP55 mobo for $239.99 w/$20 mir -this combo is less than buying the cpu by itself!! cpu http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115214&Tpk=i7 860 mobo: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813138161&Tpk=TP55

amd athlon II 630 w/ a msi790GX-G65 mobo for $154.99 w/$15mir savings about $90.

I have about $96 left on my Fry's gift card from X-mas and I think I'm going to get the amd combo. Wish I had a Little more $$ I'd get the i7 and sell it on Ebay...!!!

dribblesnort

Last time I ordered from Fry's, they had DHL deliver the package, even though I paid for Fed Ex.

I was outside washing my motorcycle when the guy air delivered the package by throwing it across the courtyard and I watched as it bounced against the side of the apartment, then down onto the concrete courtyard's sidewalk.

Then the guy literally RAN back to his truck when he saw me there, and he sped off, sideswiping a car on his way out of the apartment complex. I got his plate and called the police to report the hit -n- run accident and he was arrested.

I explained what happened to Fry's when I called them (after talking to the police) and even gave them the police complaint number. They would not take back the drive. (you could hear stuff in the un-opened box clanking)

It's a shame Fry's doesn't go out of business. They should get cancer of the *** and die in a fire.

Krogen

This is B&M only, as OP stated in his post.

The Fry's near me (Westmont, IL, I think), are a really good bunch of people. Got wrong RAM for my i5 + mobo combo 2 months ago (1.9V didn't work too well at <1.65... ehhh) and had no trouble at all returning it.

One thing that ticked me off was that the 'rebate' isn't actually a rebate. It's a VISA gift card. They also have rush processing for a rebate available, it was supposed to take 2 weeks to process for -$2 in a rebate. It ended up taking well over a month, while a friend of mine who ordered the same thing on the same day got it in less than a week. Not to mention he sent it over a week later than I did.

Great deal, great price.

OP
chaos

chaos

no its $219 after mir--went and picked it up today.. I don't see how they can sale this combo cheaper than the price of the cpu itself which is $279

OP
chaos

chaos

strange--- maybe different for other areas... I got my ad right in front of me and it clearly says $239.99-$20 mir..Doesn't really matter- You still end up getting the mobo for free AND $$ off the proc...All I know is after my gift card, my total was $160.65!!!!

MadMan007

Magical Leopluridon Senior
Brick & mortar - so in store only not online.

I knew this was B&M like most all Fry's combo deals but I clicked anyway. All I can say is Fry's needs to expand!

because its overpriced. microcenter has 860s for like $229 I think? B&M only

So you get a free mobo? And MC has freakishly low prices, we know that by now ;)

Xtreme Barton

^
i agree too !! they only have two somewhat close where i live .. they need to put one on the other sid of town now :D

pik4chu

Senior Yellow Forum Rat
Brick & mortar - so in store only not online.

I knew this was B&M like most all Fry's combo deals but I clicked anyway. All I can say is Fry's needs to expand!

So you get a free mobo? And MC has freakishly low prices, we know that by now ;)

lol I was just telling him why they can afford to sell it for 'less than the cost of the cpu' and thats because that isn't really the cost ;)

And it might even be $199 for the 860s. and they still have 920s for $229 :D

A-Dub

My system is acting up on me, I'm tempted to switch to the dark side but I won't be near a Fry's until Monday. I hope they're not sold out by then.