• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FSB/DRAM/NB MHz values constantly shifting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

720x770

I don't know if this is normal or not. But I notice my FSB/DRAM/NB/CPU values constantly shifting above and below their set numbers, some more than others. The numbers are never the same from one second to the next. I've seen the RAM downclock as far as 400mhz from 667mhz default and back up again. (using DDR3 1333). The FSB drops as low as 170~190mhz and rises as high as 202mhz (200mhz default). The HT/NB both drop as low as 1600mhz and rises as high as 2013mhz (2000Mhz default). The CPU shift isn't so dramatic, but the FSB does influence that.

I'm on normal voltages, and it does this whether it is at stock clock or not, whether it is idle or load. Cool n Quiet is disabled. Voltages set to auto or manual makes no difference. No type of energy saving features activated. The only time I really see the numbers stable is when I first boot. Everything is stable as in no random crashes or errors/problems of any kind, although I can't help but feel like I'm losing performance.

ThePerfectCore

Red Raccoon Dojo
Do they kick up and stay at max if you run something heavy, like Prime95?

Cool n' Quiet settings are sometimes ignored, and I don't have an explanation for that. You aren't losing any performance. CPUs can change their speed state in microseconds.

OP

720x770

Do they kick up and stay at max if you run something heavy, like Prime95?

Cool n' Quiet settings are sometimes ignored, and I don't have an explanation for that. You aren't losing any performance. CPUs can change their speed state in microseconds.

this is independent of system load, so when I run prime95 it still shifts.