• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

fsb rejects

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Phugbox

I don't knwo what in the world is causing this, I've got an MSI K7T 266 Pro 2 and for some reason it almost allways rejects my fsb settings to reset them to 100 before even getting anywhere near getting into windows. Every once in a bluemoon it'll let me keep my fsb settings until I boot again. other wise I can only oc with my mult, yeah, sure I can change the fsb with MSI fuzzy logic, but.... it's a hassle and I don't feel reliable, also any way to get reliable temp readings from this board?

TranceBear

Big Daddy Bear Senior
Phugbox said:
I don't knwo what in the world is causing this, I've got an MSI K7T 266 Pro 2 and for some reason it almost allways rejects my fsb settings to reset them to 100 before even getting anywhere near getting into windows. Every once in a bluemoon it'll let me keep my fsb settings until I boot again. other wise I can only oc with my mult, yeah, sure I can change the fsb with MSI fuzzy logic, but.... it's a hassle and I don't feel reliable, also any way to get reliable temp readings from this board?

Something else in your system is not likeing your overclock. It is not the board. I have had many of these boards and the temps are always very accurate.

OP
Phugbox

Phugbox

ok we can safely rule out most things, it's going to be either the vid card, an ati, the NIC, the mobo, or the pro

who's our most likely candidate?

as for temps, I dislike seeing temps in bios of 34 and then seeing them at 42 once I'm in wondows

GravY

I would say the NIC first.. but take all PCI cards out and run with just your Vid card to start, then try to overclock.. add cards till unstable.. Also, The bios can effect your overclock too.. Ver 3.1 is the best for me.. can oc my FSB to low 150's stable..

Also I when I adjust my bios for overclock it usually doesn't take the first time, will hang on first reboot, when it does, just hit your reset button and it usually kicks in the second time.. sometimes you have to reset the bios with the mobo jumper and just start over..

Also win XP runs alot cooler than previous versions of windows.. I can run WinME (I know it sucks, use it for testing purposes) and have 5 celcius(higher) difference between XP.. Think XP has a cooling code built in..

OP
Phugbox

Phugbox

thanks I`ll try that, I`m hoping it`s just hanging, but I`ll try without the network card

see what happens