• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FSB Stuck - Asus IPIBL-LB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wa98146

Recently noticed the CPU (Q6600) speed shown during POST changed to 1.8GHz (Suppose 2.4GHz).
BIOS also shows CPU Speed: 1.8GHz / 1066MHz. CPU Type: [email protected].

48336653301_45a9d49445_n.jpg

In windows opened CPU-Z and CPUID HWMonitor confirmed the Clocks for all four cores are at 1,800 MHz.
However I noticed on CPU-Z that the Bus Speed is at 200MHz and the Rated FSB is at 800MHz, which is not supposed to be.
Q6600 supposed to be at 1,066MHz FSB, which the HP motherboard (ASUS IPIBL-LB) supposed to figure it out and run at bus speed 266MHz.

It has always been running at 2.4GHz, but recently noticed the change. Seems that the motherboard is stuck with the default settings and FSB won't change to match the CPU...
I have tried clearing CMOS (with jumper &/or remove battery), changed the battery, disable SpeedStep, etc. but still can't get back to 2.4GHz
I have been googling for the past 3 days and still can't find an answer. Please help, thanks!

Have you tried flashing the BIOS again?

Nope...
1. Not sure where to find the bios any more.
2. Suppose the HP flashing program doesn't support win 10, which i'm running now.

Any other suggestion?

Flash the bios from the bios like is typically recommended?

You should be able to find it at the web page for the board/HP. Maybe ping HP support and ask if you can't dig up the system page.

Nope...
1. Not sure where to find the bios any more.
2. Suppose the HP flashing program doesn't support win 10, which i'm running now.

Any other suggestion?

You might be surprised. And unfortunately, those mass computer producers often don't offer any options but Windows-based tools when it comes to flashing. For some older motherboards, however, third party tools were developed and might still be available.

Thanks for everyone's input. I found a BIOS update program for IPIBL-LB of another HP desktop, and managed to flash the BIOS (version 5.43; same as existing). But I'm having the same result after the flash. I then disabled C1E and SpeedStep again, but the FSB still incorrect. Any other suggestion?

Back