• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

full watercooling installation *56k warn*

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Westside05

it's looking very good but temps aren't satisfactory, considering your efforts.

for NB, just get a blue Zalman heatsink =] looks sexy, raised my fsb about 5.

overall, nice setup! and car ;D

nartac

Damn, now after installing my MCW20 on the same board, I'm afraid to turn on my computer after the 24H leak test. Hope the result is more favorable. Anyone else have same problem with MCW20 on same board?

OP
V

viper_va

Registered
Did you have the same mounting issues, Nartac? If so, I'd be worried. The neoprene spacers get shredded from the installation, and as I'm sure you know, it takes a bit of force to lock the block into the clips. The good news is it is very hard to destroy the core. I must have installed the block 5 times before I gave up.

jenkx

I might have missed it but what type of case is that? It looks like the PC-75. I'm supprised that you had trouble with your NB block. I have the same one and it works just fine, no restrictions. It did look like you had allot of air in your system. I'm sure you've gotten it out by now.

Hey, post some more pics of the entire computer please.

nartac

viper_va said:
Did you have the same mounting issues, Nartac? If so, I'd be worried. The neoprene spacers get shredded from the installation, and as I'm sure you know, it takes a bit of force to lock the block into the clips. The good news is it is very hard to destroy the core. I must have installed the block 5 times before I gave up.

Well, I would say that it was not the easiest thing to install but I was able to install it during the first try. Took me about 5 minutes. I put both hooks in first, put the plastic washer and spring on one hook, line the thing up and just press the whole thing down with the capped nut gave the nut a few twists and it was in then repeat for other hook..

Last edited:

enlightend

nice setup... but please do us all a favor and flip those blowhole screws over and bolt them from *under* the fans... lol

envy

looks good, the internal fan guards on the radiator fans look pretty restrictive though..but i could be wrong. Nice car too.
How far do you intend to push the system ?

nigely

if you use a fan grill like this one
it will look a lot nicer
bImf_IMGP0314.jpg

Tabrin

That is one sexy computer. And car. And lawn.
nigely's grille is good, but I still like the oldstyle circular grilles.
Now, if you had the patience to dremel individual slots, instead of using a bolt on grille....now that would kick some ***. :D

OP
V

viper_va

Registered
tubing's just 1/2"ID, 3/4"OD from Home Depot. I was kinda going for that old school look, with the black and brass outside, then jazzed up on the interior. The interior grills are hardly restrictive at all, like window screen.

lithker

i can tell you personally that the zalman northbridge works great and is completely quiet

i dont see why u need those intake filters, your fans are inside the case as long as u have intake holes of your case filtered your good