• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

full watercooling installation *56k warn*

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Osirus

how did you get your water to turn that green? and where can I get the stuff for it to make it that color?!?! does it come in blue too?

Osirus

Lord_of_decay - is it just uv reactive? like it will only be blue under a uv light?
Cause I have that already, but I want the water to be green or blue the entire time. Thanks for the link!

OP
V

viper_va

Registered
The green dye is just the HydrX additive. Part of the greenness is the camera, but it is green all the time. I do have a UV light in the case, but I could never get a good dark pic. Plus the green LEDs on the motherboard mess up the UV reactivity. And yeah, I leak tested. What, didya think I was stoopid or sumptin? It says Northern Virginia, not West Virginia in my profile.

Osirus

Does HydrX additive come in blue? cause I just isntalled my blue uv lights and changed the cables to uv reactive. I want to make the water blue all the time.

OP
V

viper_va

Registered
HydrX only comes in green. I don't know whether dye can be added to change color, but I'd think not. I just made everything in my system green because the mobo LEDs are green, and i couldn't very well change those.

CAPiTA

Osirus said:
Does HydrX additive come in blue? cause I just isntalled my blue uv lights and changed the cables to uv reactive. I want to make the water blue all the time.

Nope, but you could get blue tubing. There is blue uv Primoflex. I've got some, it works great. Very flexible and no need for dye. You just need water wetter or some other additive.

CAPiTA

viper_va,

Did you have a hard time bleeding the system? I'm having a hell of a hard time with my bay res. All the bubbles get to it, but getting them out is difficult due to the plastic reinforcement under the fill cap. Just wondering how you did it.

OP
V

viper_va

Registered
The 378$ was just for the watercooling. The mobo, proc, and everything else came to about 1800$. I don't have a job, so it's whatever my parents agree to pay for and whatever cash I can scrounge. That said, as for filling the system just tilt the case so the bayres is at highest point. The water should flow down through tubing. To get air out, just run it for a little bit with the lid off and bayres at highest point. All the bubbles should work out. And Senater_Cache, if you're gonna call me a *******, just do it. I have enough to worry about without people sniping at me.

Lord_of_Decay

Off the topic here, but after spending 2 years in the UK and 2 years in Germany a BMW M3 is a rather common sight, nothing special or rare about them. Just my 2 cents and no offense intended.

Brandon Davids

Registered
nigely said:
if you use a fan grill like this one
it will look a lot nicer
bImf_IMGP0314.jpg

Does anybody know where I can find a grill like this? I like the machined look.