• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fusion Die Shot (Spelling fixed, Dolk)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dolk

I once overclocked an Intel
125796576923456c889b.jpg

If my eyes are not deceiving me, I see 8 cores there. And what appears to be a huge L3 Cache.

the_cultie

I agree with Kuroimaho I can only see 4 cores too. Will be interesting to see how it preforms.

muddocktor

Retired
Yeah, but their roadmaps since they gave ole hector the boot have been much more believable and more accurate too. With the extra money they just got courtesy of Intel, maybe they will be able to execute on time now.

madhatter256

Special Member
That 'gpu' area does not look like the L2 & L1 cache (the green squares). Probably a memory controller of some sort. Or it could in fact be a GPU and a memory controller as the GPU will require access to the system ram.

Evilsizer

Senior Forum Spammer
looks like bobcat is going to make things a bit more interesting for intel on the lower end. wonder if they are going to make a true dual core with it for 4 threads... if clock speeds are about right and TDP is still around 2.5watts, looks like a Atom killer... o_O (what can i say, i like the Atom cpu)

is it Fussion or Fusion?

KTE

Assuming if true.... yes no?

fusiony.png

Yep. Propus die, remapped with all the extra wasted space removed, shrunk to 32nm, with HD5000 series GPU added.

Propus >

Attachments

• propus_die.jpg
    propus_die.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 176
OP
D

Dolk

I once overclocked an Intel
Ignore the spelling mistakes, I am a bad speller ><

KTE

That pic they gave is definitely not the full die. It's castrated at the bottom. The full die is bigger and has a lot more SPs at the bottom.

The bigger news for me was that they have 32nm Llano silicon running in labs healthy already. We didn't hear any 32nm product tape-out PR officially. It is a ~1 billion transistor die. Propus is 300 mill and HD 4670 is 514 mill so you get an idea of the scale. That and the fact that it's likely the 480 SP iGPU is HD 3870 capability at HD 4670 performance due to lower clock speeds (around the traditional 500MHz - power is a key concern, remember).