• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Futuremark releases 3dmark 2003 patch. nVidia officially cheated.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
lets throw this one in the ring,

From the drastic drop in the 5900 score after the new release, I think, and will almost bet everything i have, that futuremark Shut the nvidia cards out. Thats a pretty drastic drop in points just from a cheat in basically one part of the whole benchmark.

So in closeing, I like Nvidia, and ATI. This bench wont influence my next card buying decision. I can goto compUSA and get the best, and Return it within 14 days after I TEST IT IN GAMES, and get me the next card. Then make MY OWN decision and Either take the second back and get the First, or whatever. Then when I SEE THE REAL WORLD RESULTS, i will keep,(and OC) the better card.

Thats the beauty of buying in stores.

Sad thing is that it wasn't just 1 cheat .............. but at least 8 !!!

If a school child was given an exam and cheated by submitting ready-done answers ( This is what Nvidia did with the adding of static clip planes and failing to clear buffers ) would it be any surprise when the same child does very poorly and takes much longer if he/she actually has to calculate the answers ???

I am not surprised at all . Futruemark clearly spells out Nvbidia's cheats which Nvidia has not been able to refute and then shows what they did to block Nvidia's cheats , application detection and low quality rendering . It is in fact very very clear that Futuremark isn't purposely writing code to hurt Nvidia , they are just annoyed that they got caught and the cards' poor shader performance is now even more obvious . ( Incidentally there is no shader benchmark/program written using standard OpenGl or directX 9 which doesn't show the Nvidia NV30 and NV35 to be crap !!! It is unanimous ................. but I guess they are all cheating and unfair :rolleyes: Poor Nvidia ..... sigh . )

From the results,

They look right on the mark. The 5600Ultra is not very far behind the 9500pro. Thats the way it should be. NOW, the 5800 should be up with the 9700, and the 5900 should compete with the 9800. Nvidia wont beat the ATI offers, But the Nvidia Fans wont be too dissapointed with there higher end FX cards.

Tell ya what though, I always Knew MY Ti4200 Was a good card. I have no need to upgrade till the newer cards come down in price.

The Fact is, Both cards from BOTH Companies Should nake fans of either Happy, And thats the plain and simple truth. This infighting Crud with the Nvidia didi this and there cards suck, and the ATI rulz no matter what crud is getting SO VERY OLD.

I come here to read OC posts, not BASHING of 2 companies(who without) We wouldnt Have cards to play games with. Unless ya want to pay CRAZY money to own a Matrox or whatever.

The main problem with the FX line is price. If the 5200Ultra was priced the same as the 8500/9000 and the 5600Ultra was priced the same as teh 4200/4400 then all would be happy.

IntelBreach.jpg

The one with the picture

Hope it wasnt a jab at me? I just wrote down an unbiased Feeling on this whole Nvidia ATI and futuremark deal. Atleast i hope i didnt deserve that.

If it wasnt, Sorry. See, i have a broken back, and the weather stinks here, so im not been feeling too happy lately.

Nah Cowboy, Im just a bit gunshy

OCNoob Has always helped me out. Just thought (hoped it wasnt) A Jab at me. I dont deserve that in the least man. Its all good Cowboy. U 2 OC. Im just Bummed about alot of things right now.

Cowboy X said " Nvidia's whole problem stems from narcissistic arrogance , they believed that they had the power to ignore the industry , standards , consumers , gamers and competitors . They felt that no one could ever challenge their lofty position on top of the Vcard hill ........... the 9700 Pro changed that ! They further felt that they would always be the top dog and be able to bully the world into bending the rules for them and turning a blind eye to their errors and behaviour . Well they are clearly wrong ! They don't have the clout of Microsoft , Intel or IBM and in fact even these companies can't push the hardware world around like that . Nvidia had obvious delusions of grandeur . Imagine that little Nvidia is even trying to force Bill Gate's hand ............ roflol . So now that such tactics aren't working they have resorted to cheating .......... oops driver bugs , calling everyone else unfair , calling everyone else cheats , trying to discredit benchmark programs which they don't like , pressuring reviewers into 'the way it is meant to be benchmarked ' , sticking "The way it is meant to be played " on titles that actually do better on ATI cards , telling lies galore , false advertising , the dustbuster , proprietary extensions and cinefx , begging and bribing developers to disregard Direct X and OpenGl standards and of course overcharging customers for underperforming vcards with poor IQ and cheating drivers ! ( oops buggy )"

Kudos to Cowboy X, I couldn't have said it better myself.

My last 5 Vid Card purchases were - TNT2 Ultra, GF MX, GF3 Ti200, and 2 GF4 Ti4400's, plus I have directed Customers, Friends and Relatives towards Nvidia products in the last few years, But in good conscience I will have to start pointing them towards ATI products from now on. They seem to be the better Option at this point in time and at least when They screw up, they cop to it, and make it right.

Re: Nah Cowboy, Im just a bit gunshy

harryinny3 said:
OCNoob Has always helped me out. Just thought (hoped it wasnt) A Jab at me. I dont deserve that in the least man. Its all good Cowboy. U 2 OC. Im just Bummed about alot of things right now.

It was meant as a joke about the whole thread and the ATI vs NVidia fighting. Nothing personal and not aimed at you at all.

It was meant as a joke because I thought the pic was really funny.

its all good OC

I was just in a terrible mood the other day. This weather has gotten on my last nerve. Pain is pretty bad too. Sorry if i got a bit short with you.

And yes, This whole ATI Vs Nvidia deal is getting stale real quick. Like i said before, I will buy what i can afford when i get back from camp. And as it looks, its gonna be the 9800. Very nice card. But i wouldnt turn down a chance at a 5900 ultra at a competitive price neither.

Peace dude.

Back