• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FX 6300 4.4ghz 43c @ 100% load on air

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pax2You

Really pleasantly surprised by this CPU. Setup in a Thor 2 case with a CM Hyper 212+ on a GA-990FXA-U3 R5 board. Disabled APM, CnQ, etc. Enabled HPC and set LLC to medium and set Vcore from a base of 1.320v to 1.375v. I have an aftermarket fan on the CM 212+ and have it pointing toward the TOP of my case where a 230mm exhaust fan sits. The case has 120mm front intake and rear exhaust fans as well as 230mm side intake and top exhaust fans. Its pretty quiet as well. I'm running a single R7 370 GPU.

(HWMonitor and Core Temp report identical temps on my system)
OCCT misreports the base frequency of the FX 6300 as 3.8ghz instead of 3.5ghz
LLC on Medium kept Vcore at 100% load betweeen 1.356v and 1.38v

OC.JPG

Looks alright so far. What GFX card are you running. If it's a warm card you might want to consider turning the 212 to exhaust out the back of the case. With it's current orientation it picks up warm ait from the graphics card so could interfere with it's cooling ability.

Its an MSI R7 370 Gaming 2G. You might be right about the orientation, but the 230mm exhaust fan seemed a more capable way to remove the heat. Its a full ATX tower and that might make the current orientation a bit more forgiving compared to smaller enclosures. Regardless, I can't complain with the temperatures or performance. I'm sure I could push higher, but research seems to point to 4.4ghz as being the ideal balance between performance and power requirements.
http://www.techspot.com/article/932-amd-fx-8350-fx-6300-power-performance/

Back