• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FX 6300 Overclocking Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vram643

Hey all im new to the forum

I am having some major problems with overclocking my FX6300

My current setup is

CPU FX6300
MOBO Msi 760gm p34
PSU Thermaltake 500w
CPU Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212
GPU Gigabyte 1060 6Gb Windforce
HD WD Black 1 Tb
SSD PNY 128 Gb

So my problem is as far I can tell is probably my motherboard at this point but i'm not totally sure, when i turn off turbo core to overclock in AMD Overdrive, even if I bump it just .5 it crashes but im not touch the voltage because i don't know what they should be ; Overdrive is saying volts at 1.25 which i know is low so I don't know what they should be at. I'm not trying to massively overclock this thing maybe to get it 4.0-4.1 would be fine with me until i can get new setup next month. I get this same type of thing if i use the BIOS to overclock ie don't post . Can someone please help me

When you disable Turbo Core and overclock then all the cores will run at that speed, not just part of them. That would likely require more voltage. Try bumping the CPU vcore up to 1.275 and see if that helps. But I will tell you that the motherboard you are using is ill-suited for any overclocking. It's probably a 95W TDP board and that's what your CPU is rated for at stock frequencies and voltages. The power delivery components of the board ("VRM") is just wimpy.

Yes mobo is problem but also overdrive I don't suggest using it especaly with nvidia GPU-s many reported it just flips out on them. When I use it screen goes mad for some reason. Try to oc in bios but you wont get far with that board

Back