• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FX 8320E

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

2 1

how's it going , ive overclocked my same cpu before but unfortunetly my PSU Died out on me so...

i bought a new 700 OCZ psu and i want to up the OC

Temps are my concern...

ive only raised the Muiltplier up to 19 right now and fsb 202* short prime95 runs right now Max heat,

MSI 970 Board
8320E
700 watt OCZ
gtx 650 (upgrading soon)
watercool'd loop (lepra)
Push & Pull Fan 120 mm's

i have no problems backing off the cpu OC

35ba8gz.png.jpg
2pqklnb.png.jpg

On my H80 before it died I got mine up to 4.5ghz easy. Donno how your chip and loop stack up to the H80, or if your mobo can push an FX8xxx that hard, but 4ghz is a reasonable goal assuming you have better cooling than my poor backup CM212 evo

Put a fan on the Vrm section and if possible the back side of the motherboard to help keep the socket and vrm temps down. Otherwise, you still have a about 10c of headroom on the Package temp.

ill see what i have for fans, i think i have a small 80mm fan somewhere laying around..

Thanks for the input

I use a 80 mm on my VRM section and it helps. From what I've seen the VRM and Nb area of those Msi 970 boards run hot so any active cooling will help.

Back