• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fx55 $450

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EL_BaRTO

Well his ratings are pretty good. It states he has about 3 days left to sell them. Maybe you should wait two days to see what others who bought them say via ebay feedback. I agree that's a lot of CPU's and gotta make sure it's legit. That's my $.02.

Zork

Well he has already shipped out several of the guys cpus over at XS and a few of them are due to arrive tomarrow.. Some of the guys had also asked if he could verify the products by taking a picture of the cpus with his ebay ID written on a piece of paper in the middle of them, and he did infact deliver that as well (incredible picture to see 100 FX cpus at once :D ).. The pic can be seen over at XS under the online deals section.. Guess we will know tomarrow for sure.. Hoping mine will be here by Friday, I'll keep everyone posted.

Reefa_Madness

DRAM Guru Senior
I saw that thread over at XS last night and I couldn't resist...no, I didn't buy a cpu, but I had to save a copy of the pic as it was just too impressive to pass on. :D

Sort or reminded me of a pic that was out a while back of Macci's stash of KHX PC3000. It was a huge pile with an unreal/unknown quantity of sticks...all with original BH-5. This pic of the FX55s is even more impressive and certainly more $$$ involved.

Good luck to all bold enough to buy...I believe that you'll be rewarded with a true CyberDeal.

It does help explain all those Opterons for sale by Zork in the Classifieds, though. :D

jjdeltor

Registered
Worth While?

I have been reading over at XS and everyone that seems to be getting in on this deal is going extreme cooling. Is this still a worth while deal if I will be using air cooling? Note that this would also be my frist AMD rig that I would be building.

Monque

Registered
Assuredly. Considering the Egg's retail price tops $800 USD for the same processor, this is a deal regardless of one's cooling method.

twEEkerAreUs

Something about this user seems really fishy...Can't explain it, but I'm really curious as to where he gets 100 of these CPU's and can afford to get rid of them way below value hmmmm. Plus the whole 16 feedback thing.

infinitevalence

Well it would be fishy were it not for the fact that people at XS have gotten theirs, and some one local is on his way to the guys house to check on week codes.

Silversinksam

Moderator/ Silver Paste Taster©
twEEkerAreUs said:
Something about this user seems really fishy...Can't explain it, but I'm really curious as to where he gets 100 of these CPU's and can afford to get rid of them way below value hmmmm. Plus the whole 16 feedback thing.

That and that Paypal promo is unclear as to what that is about

On Dec-06-05 at 11:25:33 PST, seller added the following information:

Post the coupon in bold letters, let people know that when they pay they need to check the box that says enter paypal promo, when paying and then click redeem promo.

promo code C11-GIFTGUIDE Expires 12/18

jonspd

Super Speedy Senior
Also his name is Diego and he's selling a bunch of san diego's for his 16th sell Hummmmmmmmmmmmmm.

BLcK

Silversinksam said:

Post the coupon in bold letters, let people know that when they pay they need to check the box that says enter paypal promo, when paying and then click redeem promo.

it takes off 25 bucks when you pay with paypal - if you havent used it already
although i think that one is expired but there is another one ^_^ somewhere in the forum + other forums like fatwallet and slickdeals.

also that 1 person he sold a fx-55 to has only 1 feedback could be a friend of the sellers.

9 'seller' transactions - something doesnt feel quite right despite the looks

twEEkerAreUs

infinitevalence said:
Well it would be fishy were it not for the fact that people at XS have gotten theirs, and some one local is on his way to the guys house to check on week codes.

Ah alright, I'm not a member of XS so I would not know this. Just keeping an eye out, stuff like this always seems very fishy to me especially with a noob eBay seller that happens to have way too many AMD FX-55 CPU's selling way way below value Lol. For all I know they could of fell off the back of a transport truck.

Someone visiting him to check week codes? Ummmm I would never trust meeting someone off of eBay, thats where I draw the lines and I get A LOT of people local that ask that on previous sales. Huge No No in my opinion, I've heard some bizarre eBay pick up stories before :-/

Silversinksam said:

The whole promo code thing is apparently for a eBay/PayPal special where you get X % off on the total purchase. It was posted in the Cyber Deals here. I had a feeling you would chime in here Lol, this deal seems too good to be true. If not then wow HAPPY HOLIDAYS :santa: everyone on a sweet CPU for a steal.

*EDIT*
Looking over his feedback, Honda Gauges Lol? Someone got a link to this XS forum post?

Last edited: