• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FX5600 Fan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Captain Newbie

Senior Django-loving Member
My GeForce FX5600 (manufactured by Chaintech I believe) has an attached fan/heatsink that is slowly dying. I want to replace this assembly, but I need some reccomendations on how to do this. I don't plan to overclock it...at the moment. I'm considering replacing it with a Vantec IceBerq, for example.

Has anyone replaced their GPU coolers? If so, what card did you do this on, how, and what did you replace it with? Thanks.

ive replaced the cooler on my video card-sig (quite over-kill if u ask me)

i used arctic alumina thermal adhesive

I replaced the stock fan and hs on my Chaintech 5200 with an Iceberq for the same reason. The process was pretty easy. I turned the card over and pushed out the two pins, wiggled the hs off, wiped off the white goop with 91% alcohol, and installed the Iceberq.

If your not going to o/c and your a noise nazi (hate noise from fans) go w/ a zalman heatpipe. On the other hand id go w/ the iceberq,crystal orb,or blue orb.

Just did mine with a Vantec Iceborq
10 minutes and now I can see the led to confirm I have power on the fan

Back