• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE G.SKILL Announces Trident Z5 DDR5-8200 24GB and 48GB Kits

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Capture-Cropped-5.jpg
G.Skill continues to up the game regarding high-speed, high-capacity DDR5 RAM. Today, it announced 24 GB and 48 GB modules for its Trident Z5 DDR5-8200 MHz kits. With a CAS Latency of 40 and 48 GB (24GBx2) capacity kits, these are among the fastest and highest capacity RAM available. In the press release below, G.Skill demonstrates the Trident Z5 DDR5 and continues to improve on this already impressive memory.
Click here to read more!

I recently picked up 24GBX2 7200 kit, I had heard no reason to go faster on the Hero as most 4 Dimm boards are not getting those speeds.
I have not tried to get any more than 7200 out of them yet, but they work very well at XMP for now.

7200 and 8000/8200 kits should be on similar IC, just tested for different settings. You won't see the performance difference in daily work/gaming, but if you want to check it, then it will probably work at 7800 on your motherboard with similar, or not much worse timings/voltages than in the XMP.
With some luck, one of these kits will be reviewed in the upcoming weeks.

I don't know much about OCing the memory, I hope someone with a Z790 Hero/13900 comb does some testing and hints haha.
I just started reading the DDR 5 make it fast thread, so I might try some things after reading that.

Back