• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE G.Skill Sets New DDR4 Memory Frequency Record of 4255 MHz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
in single channel ... He will not be able to achieve that If it Dual Channel or quad channel

Funny, when I got this email, I said the same thing. However, that's how its done (and needed reminded of that, in fact). You don't try to get the fastest time on the drag strip with your air conditioning on and the windows down right? No. You remove the back seat, have little gas in the tank to save more weight, and shut anything horsepower robbing down to get the quickest run you can in. When you drive home, you turn the stuff back on. ;)

That is what this is... a 1/4 race, not a daily driving 24 hours of Le mans.

Still if you see how DDR4 are acting and how many setups can't pass ~3400 memory clock ( also best memory series around ) then 4255MHz is impressive even using one memory stick.
I doubt we will see fully stable DDR4 above ~3600 on X99 platform but soon we should see Intel Skylake and I know some memory manufacturers are already preparing for that.

Back